Bradly

The Name

I haven't been on this site too long, and I just wanted to hear everyone's oppinion on Bradly not wrestling D2 teams. Is this a smart move so that they won't risk injuries of key wrestlers in state, or are they afraid of losing to a team (ie McCallie, Ryan, or Baylor) that could take away from their national ranking. I have also heard that Franklin won't wrestle a few D2 schools now. That's only rumor, though. Tell me what you think.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really worth talking about, because everyone's opinion is based on their own point of view. The coaches say they have their own reasons, which is good enough for me. I don't think that Bradley has anything to be scared of. They are the best team in the state. Everyone accusing Bradley of being scared is just talking crap. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the opinions of those who rant on the topic.

That was just my opinion, but if that is your argument, then Bradley would have to wrestle every school with a two-year-old program from Bumble Butt, Tn just to prove that they were the best. I am just going on popular opinion and the opinion of wrestling USA who ranked them #2 in the Southeast behind a team from Florida. Also, Bradley will wrestle Collins Hill this weekend, the team that beat McCallie a couple of weeks ago in a dual tournament in Georgia (guess they aren't all that scared). I think most people who are not bias toward McCallie/Father Ryan/MBA/Baylor would say that Bradley is probably the best team in the state. Even those who cheer for the private schools would probably say so if they know enough about the sport. You don't get to the top by being afraid of other teams. You get there by raising the best overall wrestling team, and that's what Bradley has done. Feel free to disagree. By the way, I am not at all a Bradley fan, I just think it is degrading to the Bradley coaches and wrestlers to try to downplay their accomplishments with the same old excuse.

Edited by best_of_the_west

Thanks Best of the West but it doesn't really matter what "The Name" thinks. Bradley goal is to win the State Championship. FYI Bradley did beat Collins Hill the score was something like 46-16 not sure of the exact score. I think Bradley lost 3 matches in that dual.

No doubt Bradley Central is THE best wrestling team in the state of Tennessee, just look at the stats. Ringold beat McCallie by 10 or 20, correct? Bradley absolutly destroyed Ringold(no offense Ringold) at the Cleveland duals. I am neither a Bradley fan nor supporter, but I do believe that there is not ONE team in the state of Tennessee that can compete with Bradley Central.

dragonwrestler , We beat McCallie by 10, Collins Hill. We would have beaten Ringgold too. Bradley beat us handily though.

I don't know how much of a difference it would have made, but we were missing 3 of our starters yesterday. Two of them I know would have made the match closer, our 189 and 215. We gave up pins at both of those yesterday with JV wrestlers and the 2 guys out of the lineup were capable of posting wins. The 215 pounder was out with the flu and the 189 with a seperated shoulder. The 215 pounder was 3rd in the Nation last year as a 9th grader.

The other wrestler missing was our 119 pounder. He had knee surgery about 8 weeks ago. He would have made for a great match against Cordell. He was state runner up last year (lost in over double overtime to Prater from McEachern) and was runner up in the McCallie tournament last year as a 9th grader.

Maybe one of these years we can wrestle Bradley with a complete line up.