York @ Upperman

Mikey32

I agree with pchsfan1. I don't know much about Upperman's bench but York does have a bench that runs about 12 deep. With a bench 12 deep, who would ever get tired? With Mathis out, there isn't anyone on Upperman that can match with Ledbetter. He should have a great inside game, and that should open up the perimeter shots for Stephens. I see York winning by at least 10.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Case? Is he related to the same Case that graduated last year?

Yes i think he is the younger brother but not positive. In the game against JC it was close all the way, 3 point game at halftime, however they pulled away in the 4th quarter and won by 13. I think alot of you are underestimating Upperman, they have a very good squad. Shanks is the real deal outside, you leave him alone and he will score 50 on you, Asberry is solid, doesn't make many mistakes and Gillam is a playmaker as well. Then you have Ryan Hartung that i think matches up very well at 6'5 against Ledbetter, and he is definately the more physical of the two. If they get the Burgess kid back then the pendulum swings towards Baxter. The game is at Upperman and if my son wasn't playing that same night in JC i would be there with a cold drink and a bag of popcorn to watch this good matchup! ;)

If they have a weakness right now its their bench, due to the many injuries and sickness they have had, they look like a mash unit right now. They only go 6 deep from what i can tell. Now this is not to say that the young men that aren't starting are not good, they are just young and inexperienced at the high school level.

Edited by devilfanatic

Why is everyone counting upperman out? Sure they lost a primetime player but they still have a post presence, and on any given night shanks could light it up for thirty. Hartung and gilliam rebound and play well in the post. I say upperman wins by 10.

i agree.....upperman is still loaded with talent.....i think they are the best defensive team in the district....once clinton gets back they will be even more tough.....this should be a great game between 2 of the best teams in the district....