Monroe County,KY 68 Pickett County 65

KyfanMC

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a Bobcat fan, and im sorry but that game even though both teams worked hard, it was almost like the cats were playing a 7 on 5 game, any bobcat fan that reads this will know what im talking about. That game was the worst officiated game that i have ever seen in my life. we played there 2 years ago, and the comparisons are just unbelievable. I hope that they play us next year at "The Den" because ill guarantee that the results will be different, great effort by the Bobcats.

I wouldn't blame the officials because the calls were about the same on both sides.

Like I said it was a huge effort for the falcons to come back from behind 20 points in the first quarter to beat a talented team.

I hope we do schedule Pickett County next year down at the so called "Den" We will turn it into the Falcons Nest. After we take care of buisness ;)

Monroe has came to Pickett County to play for the last 2 years.... (this year pickett went up to ky to play)

~~~

The refs were horrible! It seemed like the boys were playing football out there instead of basketball. The officiating was the worst I have ever seen. I definately give the Falcons some big props for pulling off such a big win from being down so much, but they did not earn the big W! If the refs would be calling the calls both sided, and not just one, then it would have been a great game... but instead it turned into like a huge wrestling match (including their players purposefully aiming below the belt on every single foul[even the fouls not called]).

I'm a Macon County bball fan and I really don't have a vested interest in this game either way, though I'm sure it was a good game to watch. But back when I was in highschool during the mid to late 90's we played Monroe for a couple of years and I've been to several games up there at Pickett and I will have to say neither team has any right talking crap about refs cause whoever is playing at home will win because you can't get a call at either place. I used to think Monroe Co. was the worst place to ever get a call but Pickett is almost as bad. But if you lead a team by 20 points and lose thats on your team. No refing should ever be able to erase that deficit.

Refs calls are very debatable. Of course no one is going to say anything if their team wins (rather fairly or unfairly). Pickett Co has had many games where officiating was bad, and there have been alot of games where if the calls wouldn't have went in the Bobcats favor they would have lost--no doubt about it! With that said, Monroe did not earn that win. I'm not even sure why Pickett Co played the second half! It was already determined by then that Monroe was going to win--no matter what! Yeah, Pickett Co could have probably worked harder and pulled off the win (players missing freethrows and easy layups), but even if that was the outcome, it would not have even done Pickett Co justice for the crappy calls throughout the whole game!! As I said, no one wants to criticize the refs when they are going in their favor (but that game was--BAD; if yoU weren't there to watch it, then you have no room to talk)