Monroe County,KY 68 Pickett County 65

KyfanMC

Well strong bad its your all's fault for going up there in the first place. You guys know as well as anyone what crap goes on up there. But you getting all this "conspiracy" theories goin on in your head on who was the determined winner by halftime is crap. Get a life man, its not like the whole world hinges on a highschool boys basketball game and whether if Monroe wins. Maybe your world, but not everyone else's. I still think that if your leading by 20 then you can't complain. You even said yourself that you guys missed easy layups and freethrows. Hit those and you win.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett was up 20-4, but began playing very sloppy and began taking Monroe Co. lightly considering some of the passes and shots Pickett Co. took. They never should have allowed Monroe Co. back into the game. I can't believe anyone would think that Pickett gets calls at home. Pickett has played there twice and both were more like football games. When Monroe got down they began tripping, grabbing, pushing and shoving and very little was called. Two years ago Monroe Co. scored with 6 players on the court and the refs never noticed until the fans and players started yelling the the Pickett players stopped play. The officiating in KY is horrible. They allowed this game to get way out of control. Even the police in the entryway after the game said the officiating was terrible and that the refs had allowed it to get so wild. Monroe also started a fight at the end of the game after they walked off the court refusing to shake hands. Then there was another fight in the lobby started by a Monroe Co. girl. They have a beautiful school building but what terrible atmosphere! Pickett beat Monroe Co. by a lot at home last year. This series should end.

Well strong bad its your all's fault for going up there in the first place. You guys know as well as anyone what crap goes on up there. But you getting all this "conspiracy" theories goin on in your head on who was the determined winner by halftime is crap. Get a life man, its not like the whole world hinges on a highschool boys basketball game and whether if Monroe wins. Maybe your world, but not everyone else's. I still think that if your leading by 20 then you can't complain. You even said yourself that you guys missed easy layups and freethrows. Hit those and you win.

;) Well, exuse me. I know everything does not revolve around high school sports, but this is a message board! This is where we express our views on the game. - duh! :)

Come on now people should we blame the refs? I'm glad to know that Pickett co. knows that they don't get the calls everywheres..... Someone told me just the other day " Pickett co. is the hardest gym to play in" look around no wonder its so hard they always have the same refs! Thats the only way they can win.... The teams that don't get the calls don't complain like some people from b town!

Bobcatfan, you must have watched a different game than I did. Pickett was the one starting everything. The Monroe Co boys for the most part held their selves pretty well. I know that on 2 occasions Rusty Hawkins was on the floor and piled onto, he simply got up and the boys from Pickett were mouthing and pointing at him. Pickett was the one that started the fight. If they would have wait about 1 minute and met at half court the problems wouldn't have started. Pickett headed for Monroe's dressing room and started mouthing. They almost made a very serious mistake. Coach Bibb did a great job of getting the kids out of there and Coach Carter did an excellent job getting his team out of there as well. I have always had much respect for the Bobcats but lost a little that night. Wright is a pure hotshot. If he would spend more time playing ball and a little less time dancing on the floor he would be alright. I know this is a TN board and the officiating was terrible BOTH WAYS so lets not try to make out Monroe as the monster here. Pickett had alot to do with the rough play. And as for a couple of years ago. A Monroe player went to save and ball and dove into Picketts bench and was punched and kicked. That is what started that problem. I do agree that the series should end as does everyone in Monroe County. Pickett is a great team and will go far but they are not the Opie Taylor you are making them out to be.

first off Discjockey, no we do not have the same refs every time we have a game up in "The Den", it just looks that way, i can say that we have had a different officiating crew for every home game thus far.

Now as to the MCHS/PCHS game, i will also say that it was TERRIBLE, almost atrocious as to the officiating, lets put it this way i was a Graduate Assistant(Manager) for PCHS when we last went up there 2 years ago and they got 2 breaks in that game and they were the only questionable calls in that game, the first came in the third quarter with about 2 minutes to go, they called a time out and sent out 6 players onto the court we threw the ball in it got picked off and they scored a quick three, the ref then blew the whistle and said that there were six men on the court, then they discussed it for about 5 minutes and decided that the 3 points will count(someone explain that one to me). Then the second came with 10 seconds to go in the game, we were down by 1 and we decided to run a baseline play for Luke Mason, he recieved the ball and ran the baseline and i was sitting almost on the baseline, with 4 seconds to go the ref blew his whistle and said that Luke Stepped out of Bounds then they threw the ball in and won. I had a perfect view and i must say that he was AT LEAST 6 inches in bounds.

Now i went this year because i had an odd fealing that it was gonna be de ja vu all over again, and it was with as everyone said more of a Rugby match than a Basketball game with all of the calls in the first half then the second half it was like the refs did not even care about blowing the whistle unless someone called a time out or stepped out of bounds or walked. Once a fight even broke out durring the game and it took both refs, 6 players, and their assistant coach(Dragging off one of their players) to try to bring order to the game. Now the game was 68-65 with 15 seconds to go, we got the ball and as last time i was sitting down near the baseline watching, and again we ran a baseline play, Luke again caught the ball and ran along the baseline looking for a quick layup, but the ref again blew the whistle saying he stepped out of bounds which almost lead to another fight as the fans on both sides grew Restless about the the calls, and then they threw the ball in and just passed the ball around to pick up the win, then they quickly stormed off the court and headed towards their locker rooms, it took their Coach telling them to shake our hands to get them back on the floor and show some sportsmanship. And since i had the best view of the call i can tell you from experience that Luke was at least 1 foot in bounds. I challange anyone who would have access to the tapes from Saturday and from 2 years ago to look at the tapes and see how bad the games realy were, words cannot describe them. I will give MCHS credit they have a tallented team but they seemed at times to be very hot headed and willing to FIGHT rather than play the game, and i will say that some fans were actualy saying "How about we drop Albany, KY from the schedual and put these guys in their place" now that i have had time to think about it i dont even know what to think of that idea.

Now as for a possible solution to how bad these boarder wars with Ky/Tn usualy get here is a plan, i know it might seem unrealistic but just bear with me for a minute: At each game since they have 2 refs in KY lets have one State have one ref represented at each game at least that way it kinda evens out with the TN ref calling a lot of fouls and the other ref making makeup calls since he sees how hard the TN reff is working, and in the same can be done with the games in TN lets use the same rules with 2 refs only but its just a thought i dont expect anyone to follow up with it.

Ok thats my rant for the week, now that we got a very important game tomorrow i will leave this topic and ideas up to you guys.

*Edit*

and Bulldog23, tell me exactly how we were the instigators, last i checked the games that you guys & Hermitage usualy play against them get a little rough but not as knock down drag out as our game did, so tell me how did we instigate them because i never saw anything to provoke them, but i didnt see the first 3 minutes of the game so if it happened in there i didnt see it.

N.J.

Edited by BobcatFan22

Bobcatfan,

I can see that you are not going to see that your boys had anything to do with the trouble. The Bobcats were perfect little angels and those mean old Falcons just picked on the frail Bobcats. I watched the game an unbiased person. If Monroe did somethings wrong which one player did I would own up to it. But for the most part the Falcons tried to avoid confrontations and Pickett instigated them. I do like your idea of using 1 and 1 on the refs but you could also do like they do in college football use Ky refs at Pickett and TN refs at Monroe. But you know as well as I do that the TN refs depending on who you get are sometimes as bad or worse than the refs from that game. You are grasping at straws when you mention HS because the games weren't even close.