AAA poll

90warrior

hey Mav your pretty high on the lady panthers, have you even seen them play? Or have you seen the bearettes play, both of these teams are very good but i must say i give the edge to sevier co, they have some big wins, and nobody has yet to figure out how to get past gene huskeys patented full court press. bradley, greeneville, and mt juliet even choked when they saw it. So good luck to both sevier and powell and hopefully they will meet in regions, but you better hope the schs student section doesnt show up, cause if they do, theres no chance. And i know this because im part of it along with etsubound1st and schsbears, so bring your a game powell or any other team that expects to come up here and take one from these bearettes , cause your gonna need it.

Edited by scbballfreak

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scbballfreak,

I have seen Powell only twice this year, and maybe four times last year and the year before. I have not seen SCHS this year, and only saw them a couple of times each of the past two years, so this is not my strong suit from a knowledge basis. That being said, I do watch alot of HS basketball, and I stand by my opinion. Powell is playing alot of girls that didn't play two years ago, and this years juniors and seniors are a far cry from the freshman and sophmores of two years ago. SCHS is also quite different than they were two years ago, so that game is infact absolutely meaningless. Oak Ridge has lived off their press for years, and Powell handled it last week with EASE, so if that is what you think will give you an advantage over the lady panthers, I think your in trouble. By the way I have nothing to do with this program, but my unbiased opinion is that they are very very good, and not getting as much attention as the "traditional power teams". My question to you is have you seen Powell play this year?

In answer to your question, no i havent seen powell play this year. And yes i realize that the girls that played for powell two years ago have gotten better, but so have to bearettes, if thats possible. Anyway, im not taking anything away from either one of these teams, i cant wait until they meet and whoever comes out on top will go to state no doubt, i just hope its my team.

And one other thing, i'm not taking anything away from powell they are defintley good, but have you seen there strength of schedule? 86th out of 110 schools in 3AAA. Thats sayin somethin, could be a reason for there success, and yes they did beat oak ridge a very big win, but still. when all the other teams that are doing well have schedule strenthgs in the top 20. Just thought I would point that out.

Sevier County, Powell, and Oak Ridge are really good teams but don't count out the Little Man down in Shelbyville and the Legends at Wilson Central. Another team that is just as good as the East Tennessee teams is Mt. Juliet. Wilson Central and MJ will meet friday and should be a great game between two really good teams and two sets of great coaching staffs. I'm still going stand by my prediction that I made early in the year until they both get knocked out of the tourney with Shelbyville and Oak Ridge playing for the Gold Ball in the BORO. :D