A new Wrestling Poll

tnranker

I have only been coaching High School wrestling for 5 years in TN now, but 2 years ago I asked who were the coaches that votes in this poll, and I got accused of whining about the results of the poll. I was told that If I wanted to know who voted, I should be more knowledgeable of wrestling in the state. I still have never been told as to who the coaches are that vote in this poll. Not that I disagree with what they say, it would just be nice to see who votes...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be clear on all these new rankings, there only purpose is to generate interest in this sport. They create discussion, entertainment and thought. Since this is an open message board anyone can rank. tnmat seems to be knowledgable about the sport, tnranker has no real creditials, but that is of no real concern. Do these rankings really mean anything outside the coachT forum? Would a coach try to seed a wrestler based on tnmat vs. tnranker? I hope for the intelligent coach, the answer is no.

The last two years that I coached, 94-95 and 95-96, Karns was ranked and finished in the top ten of the Coaches' Poll both years. To this day I do not know who voted or who didn't. We just worked hard to get there and harder still to stay there. To quote my good friend and fellow coach, Chris Vandergriff, Halls, "The cream always comes to the top."