TN RANKINGS - First Posting

tnranker

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walkenvol's current D2 team rankings:

1. Baylor - no holes and their young light weights appear to be better then everyone else's young light weights.

2. Ryan - performing well and they appear to be wrestling up a weight class at most weights along with missing a couple of starters from the lineup

3. McCallie - as always, their top 5 or 6 are as good or better then anybody. how 7-14 progresses will determine their season.

4. tie CBHS - from 152 up they appear tough at every weight and their 112 is turning heads

4. tie Notre Dame - my biggest surprise after graduating all those seniors. a much improved program

6. MBA - will probably improve with the season. since they went so far in football playoffs their real team won't be there until late Jan.

Yes, Baucke is very good, but he will not beat Manson this year. If you saw that Manson beat Coleman earlier this year and won the McCallie tourney, you would know that he is looking better than ever. Besides, Coleman easily handled Tinsley, and Tinsley has already beat Baucke. Manson is very strong, and he can hang with Baucke technically. Definitely look for Baucke to win at least two state championships in the future though.

Best West: Your best unopionated opnion: Christian Brothers vs. Notre Dame. Hmmm?

I'm an ND father, just so you'll know. This could be another classic like last year. Coming down to the last match.

I wish y'all weren't so far away...what a perennial rival that would be!

All the best,

ND Dad

ijtx,

You are right. These two teams a pretty evenly matched. Notre Dame is more well-rounded, while CBHS has more "star quality". I don't know as much about Notre Dame as I do about CBHS, so give me a break...here it goes.

103-Adamson (ND) v. Alsobrook (CBHS)-Adamson by tech. At the Bradley tourney, Adamson placed ahead of Bradley's Morris, who teched Alsobrook at the Cleveland Duals...5-0 ND

112-Rawn (ND) v. Baucke (CBHS)-Baucke by minor in a good match. Both wrestled well against Tinsley, but I think Baucke will get much better as he sees more top-notch competition...5-3 ND

119-Wilson (ND) v. ??? (CBHS)-Wilson by forfeit or pin. The brothers haven't gotten a 119 to make weight for several duals and individual tourneys. Baucke has wrestled up several times, but he shouldn't here. If they get a kid out there, Wilson should dominate him...11-3 ND

125-Burdette (ND) v. Barnett (CBHS)-Burdette by major. Barnett has not wrestled that much so far. Burdette is ranked 6th in the state, and he should beat Barnett, but Barnett is a strong kid who won't just turn over on his back...15-3 ND

130-Makemson (ND) v. McLaughlin (CBHS)-Makemson by minor. Another young CBHS wrestler. Makemson had a good decision over Headricks from Red Bank, which leads me to believe that he will take this win...18-3 ND

135-St. Charles (ND) v. Riddle (CBHS)-St. Charles by minor. These are two good wrestlers. Herbold of Bradley beat Riddle by 12 at Cleveland, and he beat St. Charles by 8 or 10 I think at the Bradley tourney. This should be a good match...21-3 ND

140-Hayduk (ND) v. Brasfield (CBHS)-Hayduk by pin. Hayduk is a former state placer. He beat Jesse Baker at the Bradley tournament. That should make him one of the top couple of 140s in the state...27-3 ND

145-Rawn (ND) v. Gatling (CBHS)-Rawn by pin. Rawn has looked pretty impressive so far. Gatling is young. Rawn shouldn't lose. Gatling won't be a push over, but Rawn should handle him...33-3 ND

152-Rix (ND) v. Newman (CBHS)-Newman by pin. I'm assuming that Nick Marable will be bumped to 160 even is he stays at 152 for many of the bigger duals. Newman has looked pretty good besides the blemish against Chism from Bartlett. Rix was not too impressive against Red Bank and SAS...33-9 ND

160-Stinchfield (ND) v. N. Marable (CBHS)-Marable by pin. Unless your name is Ryan Scott, you won't be hanging with Marable this year. Stinchfield has looked pretty good, but I expected to see him on the list of medalists at Bradley...

33-15 ND

171-Watkins (ND) v. Simpson (CBHS)-Simpson by minor. Simpson is ranked first in the state---you can't look past that. Watkins put up a good fight against the Red Bank kid, but he won't beat Simpson...33-18 ND

189-Wanat (ND) v. M. Marable (CBHS)-Marable by pin. Unless your name is Blackmon (and I mean Rusty), you won't beat Mike this year...33-24

215-Meredith (ND) v. Saint (CBHS)-Saint by minor. Both have beat Baily of Bradley this season, but Saint has the experience. This one is probably too close to call, but Saint is ranked higher by Matman, so I will put it on his shoulders...33-27 ND

275-??? (ND) v. Campbell (CBHS)-Campbell by pin or forfeit. I'm just guessing that Notre Dame is going to put Cresswell at hwt., but even if they do, he will be under-sized. Campbell is quick and strong...33-33 CBHS

1st criteria(matches won)-tied at 7

2nd criteria(most pins)-CBHS wins 4-3

Of course, these are just predictions that will probably end up being inaccurate, but that's how I think it might happen (or at least close to it). We'll see in February.

Edited by best_of_the_west

Best of the West, with Nathan Velasco (CBHS 160 pds) back from injury, I would expect the following

145-Rawn (ND) v. Newman (CBHS)-Rawn by points. While probably better than Newman, it is unlikely to be a tech or major.

152-Rix (ND) v. Marable (CBHS)-Marable by pin.

160-Stinchfield (ND) v. N. Velasco(CBHS)-Velasco by pin. In first matches back from injury Velasco placed 6th at Cape Central tournament against stiff competition. Velasco actually looks physically stronger than Nick Marable, though technically is not as strong or quick.

30-18 ND after 160 match would be my adjusted prediction. I think though your estimate of each match is fair and probably close to what would/will happen.

fyi...Baucke and Rawn wrestled twice at the middle school level. Baucke won 4-0 and then tech'd Rawn the second time. That said, it was MS and Rawn is looking much stronger and technical than before.

Just read matmans new rankings on tenn wrestling. He seems to have come the closest based on results and head to head matches so far. Its not perfect, none are, but he seemed to have updated knowledge,ie Mcroskey over Rudas,etc..They are all interesting to read however, and they give us all something to talk about. We all know though that it only matters who wins the most matches Feb 19th, 20th, and 21st., not where you are ranked now.Good job Matman.