Big time match-up

Froggy

Same old crap, I guess since Sevier isn't in Middle Tennessee they haven't played no one. I will say this straight up they are better than anyone in Middle Tennessee right now. I will say Shelbyville at full strength is better but thats it. I guess the USAToday thinks a little bit about Sevier. I see on this board so often how high Oliver Springs is ranked but they probably shouldn't be ranked in an East Tennessee top 10.

First of all "haven't played no one" is a double negative. You just better be glad that Sevier Co. isn't in middle Tennessee or they would have more than 1 loss by now. Middle Tennessee is the heart of Girls Basketball. They're are good teams from East and West TN, but you see who is always in the Tourny Finals someone from Middle Tennessee. Oliver Springs is a very talented team also they beat Livingston Academy early in the season. Which Livingston beat your East Tennesse Best "Greenville" by 25 before the season started and Jefferson Co. yesterday in the Green County Tourny. The play McMinn Central today which LA beat last year so don't say anything about Middle Tennessee Basketball not being as good or Better than East Tennesse Ball!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought people on these boards were supposed to know a few things about bball. Especially whoever Flemtone is. Whoever it is they are going to be eating there words come march. if you dont think sevier co is the best team in the state in a tell me how they beat the team that beat the supposed #1 team in the nation? Also tell me how many teams are left undeafted in 3A.

Edited by scbballfreak

They have played four teams with winning records and one of those beat them and that makes them the best team in the state. How crazy is that?

I usually disagree with Flemtone but I have to agree with him on this. Sevier Co. may be a good AAA team but if they have only played 4 teams with a winning record that doesn't hold much water with me. You may have beaten Jackson Co. but so did Ridgeway. In the USA Today Poll most of the columnist haven't even seen the teams they pick play so how can those polls be reliable? The only POLL that counts is the one at the end of the season. With Sevier Co. only playing a cupcake schedule that doesn't temper them for what is to come. The Greeneville Tourny may temper them some by playing those good teams, but we'll see what happens.

I thought people on these boards were supposed to know a few things about bball. Especially whoever Flemtone is. Whoever it is they are going to be eating there words come march. if you dont think sevier co is the best team in the state in a tell me how they beat the team that beat the supposed #1 team in the nation? Also tell me how many teams are left undeafted in 3A.

It is not that hard to be undefeated if you only play teams with losing records. Does that make sense? We will see in March, if they get that far.

flemtone always gets on here and talks about shelbyville when the subject is about something else.i will agree that right now sevier co. is probably the best 3a team in the state,however,the season is still young and lots of the things can happen.

p.s. just to make flemtone feel better,shelbyville will probably be there in the end.

flemtone always gets on here and talks about shelbyville when the subject is about something else.i will agree that right now sevier co. is probably the best 3a team in the state,however,the season is still young and lots of the things can happen.

p.s. just to make flemtone feel better,shelbyville will probably be there in the end.

90, Did I mention Shelbyville in my post?

I have only seen Sevier a few times so let me play dumb and ask a question. Who beat Sevier? They have been a quality team over the past few years and they usually do well in March. If my memory is correct they played Shelbyville a good game at the state last year. Also, I think they won it the year before. To be honest, I really think most of you don't realize the level of play in the East. That is by no means a statement saying the east is better.

I would like to address a few earlier comments. I don't think Greenville is East Tennessee's Best. They may not be the best team in their county. However, Grennville did beat Jackson County. As a matter of fact Jefferson County has beaten Greenville. Also, Jefferson has several defeats and they played L.A. pretty close the other night.

If you want to judge two teams based on summer play than Sevier is clearly the best team in this tournament. They beat both McMinn Central and Oliver Springs by 30 and 20 at the Lenoir City Team camp. In the Knoxville fall league they beat Oak Ridge. However, Powell won the fall league. With all that said I don't think Sevier is 30 points better than McMinn. If they played a home and home they would probably split with both games being close. I see a very close game between Sevier and Livingston.

My points on the east and middle are due to mainly what I feel a lack of respect. McMinn Central wasn't given much of a chance against L.A. even though they played them to OT last year. As a matter of fact had leads of as many as eleven late in the 4th. Once again they played L.A. a close one and was winning by five with .30secs. left. I will say L.A. is better because they won both games but I think we would all agree their isn't much difference between the two and McMinn like L.A. may not be the best team in their districts.

I will close with this we can argue all day with different stats but the fact of the matter is their is great play in both regions. I think alot of people on this board haven't given much respect to Sevier. Even if they lose to L.A. they are one of the best teams in the state. I think they beat a pretty good Mt. Juliet team the other day. Didn't Mt. Juliet beat Shelbyville? Didn't Greenville beat Jackson County who beat Shelbyville? Hasn't Oliver Springs and Livingston split? That on paper looks equal to me. Just like all regions of the state alot of good teams don't recieve much pub on this board. For instance Seymore wiped Oliver Springs on their home floor. Heritage beat Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge and Powell may be the best team in Oak Ridge district. Pegion Forge is solid and the list goes on and on. I'm sure someone from middle and west Tennessee can list numerous teams as well. The only teams I will say deserve to mentioned better than an east Tennessee teams are Shelbyville and Jackson County because of what they've done. The rest are solid ball clubs just like you find on any given night in East Tennessee.

Since 02Wildcat corrected the double negative, I have to correct 02Wildcat. :D This is an incomplete sentence. Don't take it personally. We all make grammatical mistakes.

Point taken!!! Just having a little fun on hear. I agree with the post above anyone can beat anyone at any given time!!! You can't judge one team by how they win over another team. The Sevier Co. vs. LA is going to be another good game. Hopefully that LA will come out on top in this one, but if not this will only make the losing team better by playing stiffer competition!!