Scooter Houston

kilowatt

scooters actions last year was uncalled for. he had lost matches before without that type of behavior after the match. I was in shock ,if you can call it that, with both scooter,his family and the fans. I had never been in that type of situtation and hope that i or any other coach ever has to go through it. I have thought about the events of that match for months and always will. I have always coached sportsmanship and all that went out the window in only a few seconds. I will always be associated with those actions, something that Jeff Co. with live with for several years.

As for being called names , I have been called all sorts of things over the years. Being a coach that is part of it.

If anyone thinks that I do not coach the team , then come on down to practice betwen 3:30 and 6:00 any day of the week.

At one point of the season we had only 5 wrestlers in the mat room. we now have 15, with 5 of them being in 2 weight classes. with 2 jrs, 3 soph, and 10 fresh., I didn't feel that we would be any competition for anyone this year. So why spend money on tournaments when you would be done sat. at lunch? We will be in some tournaments that are close by where we don't have to spend money for motels and food.

I talked with Bradley Central and other schools about our tournaments this year so they could find other schools to fill in the voids.

I would like to thank Ronnie Carter and the staff of TSSAA during all this mess. They have given me advice of what I could and couldn't do. Without rules it would be kasos. All we have to do is to learn to go by the rules that we have.

Thanks,

randy turley

jefferson county high school

Coach Turley, don' t let the few idiots on here get to you. There are some in every crowd and on every message board. You did everything you could do last year. You have nothing to prove to them. Keep coaching your kids hard and your team will get better.

We wrestled against you this year. You seem to have a good group of guys. This group seems to really enjoy being part of the Jeff Co. wrestling team. All of your guys were very sportsman like, just like they have been in previous years.

Also remember, the way people are to day are no different today than they were over 2000 years ago. People are always looking for someone to crucify and belittle.

It makes them feel better about themself I guess.

Good Luck Coacher!

Edited by LAUDERDALE

Coach DL is right. Scooter paid for his crimes and will have to life with it forver. As for you, you can not control a wrestle's actions if they win or lose. They act in the moment. You can only tell them how to deal with the emotions and try to help them. Scooter was stuck in a bad spot since the call had happened a previous year and held him back from his goal. But u did nothing wrong. SO you keep coaching those boys and get them ready so they can do something that scooter didn't. And for everyone else I bet you would act alot of the same way Scooter did if u was in his place and lived his past state tournment. SO get over it cause it is a done deal now and nothing can change what happened. The kid deserves a second chance and for everyone to leave him the heck alone. I know him and look up towards him as a wrestler who came so close to reaching his goal and bein' such a great wrestler. I hope scooter u read this and come back and wrestle u need it as much as some guys in ur room need you. As for the Jeff. Co. coach good job with scooter and the brothers. Keep on ignoring the others and love the boys u have out for wrestling cause they need ya.

No. Stop it. Nice post by the coach. I even appreciate the thought. Like the coach said, the kid was wrong. I believe the coach did his job. Even the the coach on the other side has given the kid another chance. The wrestler still behaved poorly and inapproprialtely. Having talent does not excuse his behavior.

With that being said, l wish he would wrestle. He has talent. Come back and prove it.