My Opinion...

MaryvilleRebels

This will probably get shut down too, but oh well....

Is that a moderator should not close a post unless...

1. There are insults to a player, team, or poster.

2. The post has gotten away from its original topic.

3. Vulgarity

Thats it, I don't think that a post should be closed because in the opinion of a moderator, everyone has expressed their opinion. Well that might be true, but we were discussing the situation very maturely and without insults. We should be able to run the horse into the ground if we'd like to without the post being locked. I think that the posters should be left alone unless they are insulting, cursing, or there has been a dramatic change of topic. This is my opinion and you can take it for what its worth, but I am on several different boards and this one seems to be the most strict. Posts should die on their own when people run out of things to say, not when a moderator gets tired of seeing it.

Well everyone has their own opinion. You have yours and I have mine. The topic you are refering to has been fully covered and it was going nowhere. Everyone was just expressing the same things with every post and I think everything had been covered so why keep on expressing the same opinion over and over. I started to shut down the topic long ago as there where some opinions that was getting heated. Sorry to rain on your party.

I agree with you Maryville. I had something important to say after that last post, but I couldn't cause it was locked. Now I can't even remember what it was I was going to say HaHa. Oh well. I don't feel like the same thing was being said over and over...if you look at the 1st post to the last post they were not even close to the same thing, but it was still on topic. No one was hurling insults and everyone was being mature and respectful of everyone else's opinions. So that wasn't a problem, and I can understand locking down a thread if there are insults being thrown back and forth or inappropriate content...but look at some of the threads on other boards, they get pretty bad before the moderator shuts them down. And they go on FOREVER! With as many as like 20 pages. BUT Im not the moderator so it's not my decision, I just don't know how much we could talk about on the cheerleading board without that topic. It isn't like other sports where you can talk about individuals that stand out, and we don't have games so you can't talk about who you think is gonna win and why.

Trojan,

i realize that you are the one with the authority and that by the rules of this board, i am under you, but you really shouldnt have closed that topic. The whole point of this board is to discuss opinions on cheerleading. So what if "everything that could be said was". Persuasive discussion is about attempting to change someone's opinion in a desired direction and taking away part of our discussion takes away from our goal of changing people to our way of thinking. So take this into consideration next time you think a topic is done because in reality, discussions are never through because debates are never solved until one side completley changes their opinion to the other side.

I didn't think closing the topic would cause such a stir. I mean there is only so much you can say about if cheerleading is a sport or not. Either you think it is or it isn't. That's why I thought all had been said about the topic. I went back to see if I can open the topic back up and I can't. I guess that is in coacht's hands. Or hey, start a new one maybe I won't close it down.

Trojan, I didn't mean for it to come across like I was mad, because I certainly wasn't. I was just kinda hoping that you would think about ur decision and maybe give us just a bit more leeway next time. I can understand why you did it and that it was somewhat justified, but I think there are other posts that deserve to be closed. The ones with intelligent conversation, even if it is repetitive, should stay open. They will eventually die off themselves. You're doing a fine job, keep up the good work!