Who is the best sophomore in the state?

wtspfan

I'd have to say the best sophomore is probably Cait MacMahan (however you spell her name). I saw her play at the Bearden tourney last year when she was just a freshman, and she was awesome. I'm sure all she's done is get better over the past year.

I also have to say something about Brandi Brown. She has an awesome shooting touch and can handle the ball, most of the time, as good as most of our guards. She's probably the best sophomore in the UC for sure, in my opinion.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County in west tn has 2 of the best sophmores... chelsey geanes(starting pt. guard for the falcons, great ball handling skills, smart player that knows how the game is supposed to be played, and isnt afraid to take it to the hole) And christian clay(our 6'0 post player, excellent post moves, has been starting since her freshman year, can shoot the 3 from long range!!!) i just figured i would put my 2 cents in!

I hope you all have been paying attention to Kristal Edney from Perry County, I see that some of you already have. She is the bomb. She can do it all you, she is lead scorer for Lady Vikings. Perry County is going all the way, you watch and see. Those of you who disagree tell me why. The sophmores light up the court for them that Alecia Weatherly is right behind her. Keep up the good work girls and Brianna and Rachel are the bomb too.

Now come on. Jackie Pickel is not God's gift to basketball. Yes I know shes good but not near as good as Alyson Butler from Walker Valley. Alyson is a much better ballhandler and a better shooter. Im not taking anything away from Jackie but I have seen them both play a numerous amount of times and I most definantly would replace Jackie with Alyson on those top 10 lists

I have seen Butler and Pickel both play for the past three years and Pickel is a better player. Butler is a kid that would range from 11 -20 range. Pickel is shinning in a tough district and shined this summer in AAU againist the best in the country. If Butler would have went to Bradley and got the coaching by Harlow each and every day then she probably would join Jackie in the top ten.

You're dead on Showtime7. Butler is a very good player but Pickel has better skills moving with the ball and is a far better shooter. The level of competition that Pickel is playing against is heads and shoulders above that of Walker Valley. As for coaching, Harlow could outcoach Tucker 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.