3. Latoya Bellamy

4. KeKe Stewart

5. Bianca Thomas

6. Brandy Brown

7. Jackie Pickel

8. Alexis Givands

9. Abby Lawson

10. Jessica Mooney

I have seen Cross and Dudley play and both are great talents. The reason that they are not considered tops in their class is due to the fact of not getting out in the summer and playing againist top competition in AAU ball.

Edited by showtime7

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Katlin Dudley from Gibson County and the Bellamy girl from Martin are great players. They are probably the best individual players in West Tennessee. Speaking of a "crop" of sophmores, Coach Frazier from Gleason has a good crop of sophomores in April Edenfield, Amber Wiseman, Gina Leach, Meagan Price, and Tiffany Felts. This group has played together since the 5th grade and they work great together as a team.

Edited by gpric5

Hey showtime7, you may be right, but aau basketball and playing year around is what burns young ladies that go to college and play for one year and quit. Basketball has to mean a lot to a person to go play college level, but if it has done nothing other than consume your entire life until the time you reach college then your probabley not goin to be successful. I've seen several girl from our county who go to other cities and towns, and wherever else to play aau basketball and blow their whole summer that cant touch jana cross, and wouldnt be able to if they played aau basketball 375 days a year, including Christmas, and Easter. Plus, the true mark of a great player is when D-1 coaches come looking for you, not when you have to play 1-man aau ball that is all about each individuals own stats to be recognized. I hope I havent offended you, but I was just letting you know that neither Jana Cross nor Kaitlin Dudley have to consume their life with basketball to be the best player in the state. If they are truly outstanding ball player, then colleges will find them. Just as Vanderbilts' coach has spotted (Sophomore) Miss Cross!! Go Jana!!!!! and the Lady Mustangs!!!!!!!!!

Holla back!!!! :D

I can see what you are saying but the point of playing AAU is to see how you do againist the best players in your age. The kids that play AAU get more attention from big time colleges than the ones that don't. Im not one here knocking on Jana at all. I think she is a great player but never know how good she really is till she puts her talents up againist the best in the country.

1. Cait McMahan

2. Alisha Easley

3. Latoya Bellamy

4. KeKe Stewart

5. Bianca Thomas

6. Brandy Brown

7. Jackie Pickel

8. Alexis Givands

9. Abby Lawson

10. Jessica Mooney

I have seen Cross and Dudley play and both are great talents. The reason that they are not considered tops in their class is due to the fact of not getting out in the summer and playing againist top competition in AAU ball.

You misspelled Brandi Browns name. :o You need to see Monica Chumney ( Smith co )play. B) She is tough as a keg of nails and can catch that mouse that your cat has been chasing the last two months. :lol:

Edited by jimbo44

SPortzer: Jana got out played by Jacquelyn Chenger a soph at FRA who plays AAU

and though she is a good player hasn't been mentioned here as one of the best.You sound like you have had a personal experience or maybe somebody close to you has.Girls more so than boys need AAU because they usually can't find

pickup games or varied competition.I think many more girls continue to play than

those who suffer burn out and quit.Most college girls played AAU

Girls more so than boys need AAU because they usually can't find

pickup games or varied competition.I think many more girls continue to play than

those who suffer burn out and quit.Most college girls played AAU

i think that a girl can find plenty of pick up games, if they look for it, and if they arent afraid of a little boy competition. I also think that more girls quit than go on to college. Realistically how many girls go to college to play basketball over how many dont not many. Boys need AAU just as much. Actually its more want than need.