Rockwood Lady Tigers

BedTime4me

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RHSladyTigerfan
Since a lot of the team is has decided not to play anymore. Who are all the remaining players???

Shae Springs (soph)

Lacey Smith

Megan Turner

Kaila Gunter

Miranda Mitchell

Twanika Chatman

Kirsten Raby

Allie Cobb (all freshmen)

All of the freshmen played 4 RMS last year.The first 5 on the list were starters. I think they made out 19-5 overall.

Edited by RHSladyTigerfan

BBALLTN, the Kirkham girls (or any of the rest of the former team for that matter) will not be re-instated this year. They are welcome to try-out again next year, but nothing before then. There have been meetings to discuss everything and that was apparently the final verdict. From what I hear, the Kirkham girls will not even be at Rockwood next year, or much longer this year. It is rumored that they will go to Cumberland County to play ball next year. It seems a bit extreme, but I have been told that they will not be in attendance for the Harriman game tonight, but at the CCHS v. Clarkrange game.

Bad situation not getting any better for the Lady Tigers. Hopefully, when the freshmen have some time to develop, they will have a good team in a couple of years. Till then, I won't be in the stands at any of their games (unless I think they will get triple digits dropped on them).

Im sorry to hear that,I had heard that they would be back to the team. So go rumours I really hate it for the girls,dont know the situation but have been around Katie some and she has always been such a pleasure to be around and an real good ball player and just an outstanding young lady. Good luck to girls and to the Rockwood team... :unsure:

Guest RHSladyTigerfan

UTMO8..... :D Thanks 4 the support.....there is nobody on our schedule that "will drop triple digits" on these girls. Harriman didn't even dress out lower classmen and didn't even make it half way to that mark. They were holding their shorts before the half!!

RHSladyTigerfan, you are probably correct when you say that nobody will drop triple digits on them. I just used that expression for a reason to actually go to a girls game. There are two ways I would sit through the slow-paced girls game: 1. They have a chance to win (not the rest of this year in my opinion, and maybe a couple next year). 2. They will get embarrassed by a whole lot (or "get triple digits dropped on them").

Whether or not Harriman dressed underclassmen or not, they won and did it in a convincing fashion. By saying that the Harriman girls were holding their shorts by halftime means nothing but the simple fact that they were winded. The Rockwood girls are in great shape, I will give them that because they have worked diligently to attain their stamina. Whether or not Rockwood was in better shape or not means about as much as which team has better soccer or softball (NONE, until they have depth, size, and the ability to shoot the ball). If you can dribble, play defense, and score it really doesn't mean a whole lot if you are in shape. The Rockwood girls lack outside scoring ability, and only has one true point guard. Give them time to develop and pick up a few more players and they will have a great team. Until then, may God have mercy on the score...

UTM08, I don't really think the players care if people like you are in the stands or not. It is s fans like you that disgust me. These girls need support now, not when they are successful. Besides why would you want to see a team get embarrassed. It amazes me the people who come out of the woodwork when we have a good team, such as 3 years ago when we had the team with Jessica Doughty and Pryor. The stands were packed. Yes, they were fun to watch and everybody likes to support a winning team, but this years team has worked just as hard as the others. Mark it down, they may struggle next year, but when these girls are juniors or maybe even next year, look out. One thing these girls do have is that they are unselfish and play really well together because they have played together so long. The addition of Teddy Chatman will really help, she is a very talented point guard and would have started this year before those girls walked out had she not torn her ACL. I do see depth hurting them, but hopefully they can get a few girls from RMS next year. As for the Harriman game, I don't think our girls wore them out,I think Cordell was pretty nice in subbing early, he usually won't do that you know. This year will be bad, but these girls need to ignore the scoreboard and work on getting better each game.

Let me say this and then I will leave it alone 14,15 and 16 year old girls will make mistakes and they shouldnt be punished for ever your only in high school once. I hate to see any young person to miss out on this, they will never get it back. I dont know the circumstances but I would just hope they could find some other punishment and let the girls play. Does the punishment fit the Crime?

Edited by BBALLTN

Let me say this and then I will leave it alone 14,15 and 16 year old girls will make mistakes and they shouldnt be punished for ever your only in high school once. I hate to see any young person to miss out on this, they will never get it back. I dont know the circumstances but I would just hope they could find some other punishment and let the girls play.

While I partially agree with what you said, I must say that once a decision to quit a team is made, perhaps they should learn that consequences for certain actions are set in stone.

My feeling, when you quit a team you let yourself down, your teammates down, your school that you were selected to represent down and many others. It shouldn't be taken lightly and a coach's decision should be the final word. I don't know the entire story, but in my heart I feel it was simply a hasty decision made out of frustrations.

I really hate it for the program and hope the wounds are healed quickly. I must say, however, a decision was made and it was one that I would probably have made if I were in the same position. Sure they are young, but if they are that quick to quit...who's to say when things didn't go their way the next time, it wouldn't happen again?

I really wish something could have been worked out to where the girls that wanted to play could still play. I think at times players deserve a second chance.

But, at the same time, Coach Allen made a decision that he thinks is best for his program and it wouldn't be wise for him to change that decision or things would be worse in the future. I think most of us here information second hand and the only people that are with these everyday are the coaches and I doubt they would do anything intentionally to hurt the kids.

I guarantee you that Coach Allen didn't want any of this to happen and I'm sure the decision he made to dismiss the girls for good didn't come easy. I think the best thing to do now is support the team that is still playing, but don't treat the players that are no longer on the team like outcasts.