Rockwood Lady Tigers

BedTime4me

Well stated Goose. The fact remains that the ENTIRE team walked out, so to treat the other girls poorly would be wrong for they did no differently than the others aside from the fact that their parents made them come back. There are some very good kids that are not playing that are still good kids that made a mistake. I'm sure Coach Allen never wanted this to happen, but he was backed into a corner. Had he let them back. discipline might as well been thrown out the window, but on the flip side the others left too. It is a tough call, one that no one would ever want to make. You can not sit here and say, well I would have done this or that because you were not in his shoes. Its just an awful situation.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Tank: sometimes young people, and not so young people, have to learn that decisions they make, whether thoughtfully considered or made in haste do indeed have consequences. These consequences may not be likeable but they are definitely learnable. What I mean is simply that these young ladies (all of them) have learned something from this event and that's important regardless of any of our opinions in the matter. maybe they learned that "walking away" from a situation is never as good a solution to the problem as discussing it in a rational way. Possibly some learned that follow the leader is not as fun a game now as when they were small children, because the leader may not know exactly where they are leading all the followers.

There is nothing easy about this whole deal. BUT in the society that we have developed it has become to easy to say "that's o.k." or "I understand" or "don't worry about it" and we teach old and young that if they simply say I'm sorry or my bad, that no matter what has happened or been said it's all going to be o.k. This simply is wrong! We must make accountability matter again. I feel sorry for all the girls and I especially feel sorry for the coach who did not ask to be in the situation BUT handled it I think in a firm and fair way.

Maybe 10 years from now the coach will still be holding players accountable for their actions. Better yet maybe all of these young ladies will be teaching their children to be accountable for their actions. Now that's a decision all of us can benefit from. Good Luck to all!

;) The one thing that separates the girls who came back from those who didn't is dedication, not poor decision making. It is one thing to make a quick mistake and regret it later, it is another to make a quick mistake and make your "team" regret it later. I don't know the entire situation, however, I do know that there were some girls who worked hard for three years who walked away when they were "the captains of this team" these girls thought they could dictate how this team should be operated, when they should or should not run for mistakes, and who should take the blame for losses. Decision making is not what being a captain is about . That's called coaching. Try it sometime!

In order to clean things up, you may have to make a mess first. These older girls made a decision to make a mess and walk away, now the younger bunch and the coaches will have to clean it up It looks to me like the most dedicated and talented bunch are dressing out tonight. In the next few years, these young ladies will know what being a leader and a captain is all about. Those of you that stayed, stick with it and know that you have to take care of yourselves and each other in the coming years. Show yourself and others that dedication is an admirable quality.

There is a rumor going around that some of these girls may be coming to Crossville. Is this true? What happened that can be said on here without telling the whole story out in the public. Just wondering. Thanks for whatever you can tell me. Thanks again!

Yes, some players did go to crossville. Very sad for the girls who parents let their own pride get in the way. I wish them luck at CCHS but they are in for a whole new world in classes and sports. I wonder if these parents are going to go to where their daughters work when they get mad and quit there, and ask for their jobs back? There is a time to sit back and let your kids learn from their mistakes. I taught my children if you start something you finish it.

I can say that they quit during practice. The ones left on the team came back within minutes {parents brought them back after finding out situation} practice continued and they played that night with the ones who came back. No others came back. The coach made a great dicision which i know was a hard one but a great life lesson. If you quit you can't come back but try again next year.

lessons learned; think of the consequences before you act

learn from your mistakes, and go on.

Edited by sisno90

Look for these young ladies to accomplish big things in the years to come.  They  are a tough bunch. Very impressive despite the score VS Oneida.

I have to agree w. you Gym, I have been watching the Rockwood Lady Tigers for a quiet good time now and they are a certainly good ball team to have 6 Freshman and 1 Sophmore(and to be playing Seniors & Juniors). Monday night they played Kingston, the score was 40-22. Rockwood only lost by 18 points, the first time Rockwood played Kingston they lost by a huge amount 52-19 and with the few games they have played sence then that is a dramatic change in a team. So I have to say, Rockwood will be a great team if they stay together and keep playing like a team. Learn from your own mistakes and the teams. Good luck to the Rockwood Lady Tigers..