coach sims

cross55

Cross55 seams like from this an earlier post you're out to bash this team and this coach whats up with this, Remember this is a rebuilding year where only one starter returned it's going to take time. all these girls have improved in every aspect of their game from the beginning of the season, And the last thing this young team needs is to get on here and to read these negative post from their fans. And as for the score last night the coach did not run the score up the players did, All Seventeen.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got nothing but respect for Coach Sims..He has turned Clay Co into the class of girls basketball, not only in 7a but in the state...I was very impressed watching his girls score layups in the half court set without the ball hitting the floor..no offense, but the talent he's working with this year isn't what it was the last few years...that is the mark of a good coach..any coach can win with good talent..but the great coaches are also great teachers...those players on this years team has been developed..in my opinion, this is a better coaching job than he's done in the past..if he does choose to go out, this would be a great way to do so..he's accomplished alot in his career and should be commended..it would be any coaches goal to have the success Coach Sims has had..good luck to Clay Co as they continue to have success.

ok lets get this straight.i never bashed the girls on this team.but the reasn they are not as talented is because they sat on the bench the last couple of years while the game was over.that way it made it so much easier for wright to break the record.as for you,topdawg83.yes sims has won all them district and region titles. but when you get in the substate game it is a pushover.and he didn't win those four silver balls that is what you get when you lose the championship game and you said it yourself tnballman he has had some of the best talent in the state.so why hasn't he won it.don't tell me a small public school can't win it lamar has 6 gold up on the range.

Since when is the TSSAA girls Sub-State game always a pushover????

Hey, Buff fans did you consider all your Sub-State games as pushovers????

Hey, Bobcat fans did your guys think all their Sub-State games were pushovers??

You have got to be kidding!!!!!

Silver Balls -- Goes to second best team in state last time I checked.

I bet any of those four teams we beat down there would like to have ended up with a Silver Ball

Yeah, don't get me wrong, We would like to have had Gold but after the season is over and the emotion of the Championship game is gone it is awesome to realize what our team had accomplished!!!!!

you may be right but i have a question besides the two substate games he has lost (i may be wrong on the number) how many of those gameshave been ten points or less. i have been to 4 substate games my self and have never seen one of them under a 20 point game.yes a silver ball does mean you are the second best team in the state. i have been down their twice when he had the best team left in the tournament and he still aint won a gold ball.now i have a question and you seem to know alot about 7a basketball how many silver balls does lamar have.maybe he should take a trip to jackson co and ask brown how to win the gold ball he seems pretty good at it.

he aint made much noise in the boro since 96 but atleast he knew what to do when he got there.to answer my own question lamar hasn't got a silver ball he has won it ever time he has been in the big game.don't worry bout what he has done in the last 7 yrs these next four could get ugly for sims. with what lamar has comin and gainesboro might be comin back. he will be fightin for third.oh no wait i forgot about rbs freshmen make that fourth.