West TN, Single A Rankings

ifiruledtheworld

Here is my updated Top 10 in West Tennessee, Single A basketball. Last week's (actually 12/22/03) rankings are in parenthesis.

1. JCS (1) - Won three games in the Freed Christmas tourney, although the competition was questionable at best. They have a tough one tomorrow (1/6) against Middleton. Later this week they play TCA (1/9) and Clarksburg (1/10).

2. Halls (2) - Beat USJ badly. They play Dyersburg (1/6) and Trenton (1/9) this week. If they beat Trenton, they take control of the district race.

3. Greenfield (3) - Lost a close one (57-62) to Westview, but looked uninspired in doing so. They better get inspired though, because after Gleason (1/6), they have two tough ones against Dresden (1/9) and Liberty Tech (1/10).

4. West Carroll (5) - Didn't play since the last rankings. They have three games this week - Bruceton (1/6), Clarksburg (1/8), and a big one with Huntingdon (1/9).

5. Middleton (6) - Lost two games (to Bolivar and McNairy) against tough competition, but move up due to other teams' poor performances. They have a tough one against JCS (1/6), then a game against Scotts Hill (1/9) this week.

6. Huntingdon (8) - Beat Bruceton in a surprisingly close game (52-46), and absolutely killed McKenzie (76-37). They play Carroll Academy (1/5), Camden (1/6), and the big one with West Carroll (1/9).

7. Trenton (4) - Lost to Milan by 21 and beat Gibson Co. by 3. Seemed like they had put everything together, but according to some posters, they have taken a step backwards again. They play Bradford (1/6) and then play a tough Halls team (1/9), in a game that should prove whether or not Trenton is for real.

8. Adamsville (9) - They played in the Huntingdon Christmas tourney I think, but there are no scores posted for them since the last rankings came out. They have an easy week with Scotts Hill (1/5) and Fayette Academy (1/8).

9. Dresden (7) - Played in the Christmas tourney at Westview with not a lot of success. They lost to Westview by 20, to Bolton by 2, and to Henry Co. by 4. They play Bradford (1/8), then have a huge district game with Greenfield (1/9).

10. South Fulton (10) - South Fulton hasn't played since the last rankings. They take on Lake Co. (1/6) and Gleason (1/9) this week.

Others under consideration:

Lake Co. (NR) - Lost a couple of games in a Christmas tourney in Marion, IL, and played Armorel, Arkansas (no score listed). They have a busy week with South Fulton (1/6), Bradford (1/9), and Fulton Co., KY (1/10).

Middle College (NR) - Again, others have said they were good enough to be ranked. They barely beat Bradford, so I have to wonder, but I'll leave them here until they play someone else around here so that I can get a better read on them. They play only one game (against Hernando, MS on 1/9) this week.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TN04, the main reason I have them so low is because of the losses they have had. Yes, they did beat Halls, but it was early in the season, as was the close game with Greenfield. These were still impressive though, as was the win over Dresden. However, they lost to Gibson Co. by 23, to Obion Co. by 14, to Westview by 31, and to Trenton by 26.

I think they are better than these games show, but I couldn't ignore that when I did the rankings.

By the way, do you know the score of their last game with Obion Co.? It hasn't been updated on the scoreboard.

No doubt, they give Greenfield fits every year, no matter what type of team they have.

I think Dresden's team is underrated by people in West TN, they have a really good team. I've seen them play several times this year, and I've left impressed every time. It's a shame they lost Ritz, he was doing a lot for them early in the year. He made them very dangerous on the break (he could knock down the outside shot) on the kick out pass.

which one was ritz?i remember seeing dresden play halls at dresden earlier this year.i have to say they have improved alot better then what ive scene in the past.i remember them having some good guard play and one guy on the break who looks like he could take over at times.as long as greenfield has brian shane,that gives greenfield the edge over dresden especially with greenfields tough scheduling.the tough scheduling should help both greenfield and halls for the tournament later on as was the case last year.