G.P West Invitational Who Is Attending?

millerj

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, different name and place now, yes, we were there...

Whites Creek Invitational - CBHS finishes

1981 - 3rd

PLACERS:

Tom Marable (115) – 1st

Chris Pretti (145) – 2nd

Junior McCutchen (126) – 2nd

Chris McAfee (112) – 3rd

1982 - 1st

PLACERS:

Chris McAfee – 1st

Jr. McCutchen - 1st

Tom Marable – 1st

Jeff Presley – 3rd

Chris Pretti – 3rd

Jack Beasley – 3rd

Les McCutchen – 4th

David Herbers – 4th

David Strong – 4th

1983 - 5th

PLACERS:

Anthony Moretta – 2nd

Jeff Presley – 2nd

Chris Marable – 3rd

Brian Jones – 4th

David Reyes – 4th

1984 - 1st

PLACERS:

Russell George - 1st

Les McCutchen - 1st

David Reyes - 1st

Anthony Moretta - 2nd

Chris Marable - 2nd

Troy Robertson - 3rd

Stacey George - 4th

Johnny Hearn - 4th

Robert Lyles - 4th

1985 - 2nd

PLACERS:

Troy Robertson – 1st

Anthony Moretta – 2nd

Chris Marable – 2nd

Robert Lyles – 2nd

Ed Lee – 2nd

Johnny Hearn – 2nd

1986 - 7th

PLACERS:

Mike Newsome – 2nd

David Garaffa – 3rd

John Stoddard – 3rd

1987 - 3rd

PLACERS:

David Garaffa - 1st

Lawrence Migliara – 2nd

Billy Erneste – 2nd

Danny Lee – 3rd

Chris Wess – 4th

Brian Kellett – 4th

papbear3, Thanks for the info and for the refresher (Ferrugia, et. al.) I know better than to rely on memory any more, but habit is hard to break sometimes. Judging from the individual placements, was '84 the year that CB won the tournament? Your program has apparently done a great job with its archives.

When did Armand step in as head coach, and when did he leave (Did he go to St. Louis?)? Who replaced him?

1982-83 to 1987-88 were the years Coach Aaron was head coach. He was replaced by Mark Bray who was the head coach until 1996-1997. It took me about two years, on and off, to put together the history of the program. It is all on our website, http://www.cbhs.org/clewis/statistics.htm

We won the Whites Creek Invitational in 1982 and 1984...

Coach Aaron was the head Coach at CBC-St.Louis until 3 years ago. He is back involved in the program this years because his son is wrestling now.

Edited by papbear3

Thanks to everyone for the undeserved praise. Believe me, I enjoy putting stats together. I'm not quite as unselfish as I would like you to think. Anyway, good luck to all of you throughout the season, and let me know the teams that will be at your tournaments. I'll keep the info coming.

Edited by best_of_the_west

I would have joined in on this conversation earlier, but for some reason my computer at school doesn't like coacht.com.

Anyway, all information, times, costs, teams, etc. are located on links on our website Brentwoodwrestling.com

Coaches, team roster sheets for each division are located there as well.

I think we're going to have some very talented teams and great wrestlers competing this year. BOTW, I'll join in on the praise for your research. You interested in coming over to Brentwood on Wednesday and running the seeding meeting for me? One more little wrinkle to throw in at 152. Our own Stephen Ross has split with Johnson, beaten Hebda once, and Espinosa twice. However, he lost to Gessler last night. Of course, put Nick in the mix and you're looking at a bear of a weight class. Should be fun to watch.