G.P West Invitational Who Is Attending?

millerj

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ibrahim has been wanting to wrestle James all year, but i think that with three pounds, it was just too much weight to give up. He has wreslted 125 in two or three other spots this year to face the better wrestler. I give him credit for doing that even though he lost a few of those. It will make him a better wrestler when he gets to college. I think their is a lot of potential in that young man. Hopefully the two of them will see each other at the state duals.

Rambo152, Kyle James could not cut to 122 to wrestle Ibrahim unless he certified at 119 as the G.P. West Inv. is after Jan 15. After you certify you cant go down a class, at least that is my understanding.

Tyler,

You can go down after you certify. You just can't wrestle any lower than your certified weight for regionals. I assume he certified at 125 (duh!), but he can compete at a lower weight until regional if he so desires. I just don't think it will happen. First of all, what has James to prove? Why torture himself to get 6 extra pounds off for a match that might or might not help him? What about the Soddy 119 pound wrestler? Should he get bumped out of the lineup if James decided to move down just for this one tournament? I agree with seeking tough competition, but that usually involves moving up not down in class.