Huntingdon Mustangs

mustang69

Let me start out by saying that the coach is the worst b-ball coach I have ever witnessed, he doesn't have a clue. Hey coach, we got pretty good speed at the guard spots how about a press every now and then? We got some pretty good players riding the pine, why not give Hillsman and Bell some rest maybe we wouldn't wilt in the 4th qrt so much? Maybe Hillsman wouldn't be missing 11 foul shots if his legs weren't jelly? Maybe Bell wouldn't be turning the ball over so much? It's not like we didn't have two STARTERS setting on the bench the whole second half that you could have subbed in. We also have another kid who started the first three games that didn't even play last night...We have the most young talent EVER playing basketball at Huntingdon...please find them a coach that has a clue about the game. Someone who has earned and demands his teams respect. I have heard Roy Grant is available next year...let Henson try his hand in the mens game. Move Ezell up....JUST PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree mustang69. This coach is an embaressment to the entire athletic program. I have never seen a coach let his players talk to him in the manner he lets some of his starters do. They are losing games that should be won. They truly have some young talent going to waste. I would love to see Coach Ezell move up. He is one of the best basketball coaches I have seen and he demands the respect of his players.

After the Huntingdon Boys lost to Camden were they were up by 7 point with only 6 min. in the game it is embaressing for that to happen. Even if it is to a non-district team. If he doesn't get control of the players and he doesn't control the way that they are talking to him he will be lossing more games. If by chance any of you Huntingdon fans come to anymore of the Boys Basketball games watch the way the Boys are acting. They don't run the plays that he calls for. And until he takes charge of this team I don't see them getting past the Regions.

Now I hope the best for this team. With the talent that is on this team there is no way they should be losing like this.

Bell is one heck of a running back in football but until he can do better he wouldn't be getting much playing time. We all see him when he comes out and what he needs to do is look at hisself before he comes out and quit trying to show out and play better ball.

Hampton is the best ball handler that they have. He needs to be starting. Drive to the basket.

I agree Morris is a MORON. I will also say the refs last night were the worse I have seen in a long time, but good teams overcome that mess. I think I would have kept feeding the ball to Hillsman and Donald until I fouled out Bain. Camden is not a very good team without him on the floor. I told somebody last night when Huntingdon went on their run to go up that they would have to get up by at least 14 to be able to hold on for the win. A little more advice....quit the friggin dancing before the game...at this point ya'll have nothing to be cocky about. Bring Joe Dan Wooten out of retirement, he'd get those boys respect. YOWZA!!!! :D:D:D

I agree about coach Morris but i can't remeber him takin all that disrespect in the past. He used to have good control of his team,but you get players like Bell in there who wants to be a rebel, if he don't set him straight the rest of the players are gonna do what they want. But i guess it's to late now, all of them do what they want. maybe a new coach is the only answer.

The school board were trying to get rid of this coach last year. This Coach is being ( OUT-COACHED). Bring Coach Roy Grant in now. At lease he will try and win instead of just setting there and watching the game slip thru his hands.

I saw Coach Morris throw his clip board down after he chocked at the Camden game.

Coach Roy Grant is at Camden coaching the Jr. High basketball team and there season is almost over so bring him in now and take care of the problem.

The thing that is so sad about this is that they will probably win the district and go to the region as the #1 team from our district. How disfunctional is that? WE have several good coaches in the district that could take Huntingdon to state tournament. Morris will not get out of the first round of the region. I know it must be hard to be the basketball coach in a football school, however the players should never run the team. In my opinion Morris needs to look for a new job or stand up to his players and face the consequences of a few of them quiting.

The thing that is so sad about this is that they will probably win the district and go to the region as the #1 team from our district. How disfunctional is that? WE have several good coaches in the district that could take Huntingdon to state tournament. Morris will not get out of the first round of the region. I know it must be hard to be the basketball coach in a football school, however the players should never run the team. In my opinion Morris needs to look for a new job or stand up to his players and face the consequences of a few of them quiting.

The thing that is so sad about this is that they will probably win the district and go to the region as the #1 team from our district.

I don't see it happening.

WE have several good coaches in the district that could take Huntingdon to state tournament.

I agree!!!

I know it must be hard to be the basketball coach in a football school, however the players should never run the team.

The reason Huntingdon wasn't consistently strong in the past is because of the AA thing, not because they are a "football school". That was a heck of a district/region in the past. There is NO REASON now to not be DOMINANT playing Single A basketball. I agree!!! However some of our players probably actually know more basketball than the coach.

In my opinion Morris needs to look for a new job or stand up to his players and face the consequences of a few of them quiting.

I don't feel there is a choice, this is the 2nd basketball program I have seen him run into the ground

After thinging about the coach issue in Huntingdon. What he needs to do is like what some of the other posts have said.

HE NEEDS TO GET CONTROL OF THE PLAYERS.

Give Bell a mirror for he can look at hisself on the floor.

Get the ball to the inside.

Press early in the game instead of waiting until he is behind in the game.

Set there butts down if they don't run what you tell them to.

And if some of the players quits because they don't want to do what you tell them

to it will only make the team stronger in the future.

Some of the players are cussing him and as a coach that should be a role model

that isn't the thing for the younger players to see or they will try it.

Edited by Blue and Gold

Before the Camden game, I was impressed with Huntingdon's speed & verticals. 4 out of 5 starters can run rings around the Lions and two players were jumping out of the gym. It didn't seem to really be used on the court or turn into points.

I was surprised they did not press...would have thought it to be very successful.

A bit surprised that a loss to CHS is causing ya'll to fire your coach...

<_<

The ego problem has been going on with this team at least 3 years. Part of the players quit during the summer and came back anyway. Bell needs to sit down. I doubt that we will win the district as they almost let Bruceton beat them and they still have to play West Carroll. Morris doesn't have control or respect from any of them.