Lady Mustangs

buffman

All I know is Loretto showed Alabama how to play some team ball over the christmas break. I never seen a post about this game so I thought I would let everyone know loretto went to Alabama and won. Congratulations to the Lady Mustangs. Hope to see another district win tomorrow night. Good Luck.

Hey buffman! There were several topics bout the Lady Mustangs winning, but since u started this, and i agree with you, i will support again!! The Lady Mustangs came out with a lot of fire in the Christmas Classic during the break for the holidays!! I as well as most other Lady Mustang Fans were pleased with the night in night out performance as well!! One thing that happened in the Lauderdale Co. game to make it such a total domination was the consistent scoring by all players as well as the large numbers by Cross #41, and Birdyshaw #23!! Throughout the whole tourney each and every lady mustang played great, and i personally think that this performance was just a preview to our ladies of how much they can really step up and play!! Big District game tomorrow nite ladies, lets go out and show marshall co. how basketball is played in Lo-TOWN!!

Ball on Lady Mustangs!! EVERYONE IS PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Go Jana #41 as well as the rest of the Lady Mustangs squad who make it possible!!

GO LADY MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<;):) _ 3 is the magic number!!!

Laura is in quite a bit of pain right now, but she should be ok- bad bruise.

This was simply not Loretto's night. Marshall County controlled the pace of the game, and Loretto's shots just didnt fall. - We werent ready.

Thats ok though, they still have to come to our house.

Great job to both teams.

Losing Birdyshaw early really hurt the Loretto offensive attack. You could tell she was in some pain, I hope she has a quick recovery. Give us some more updates on her Tito. I would also like to mention the PageMan look-a-like that I saw. I guess everybody is trying to get a PageMan of their own. lol :justwrestle:

Here is the box score from "The Tennessean"

Loretto..........6....8....8....18.....40

Marshall Co...7...14...11...18.....50

Marshall Co. 50 - Keisha Summers 17, Lillie Tears 10, Bethany London 6, Meagon Jones 6, Kristina Uselton 5, Latondra Baugh 4, Stephanie Powers 2

Loretto 40 - Jana Cross 19, Leah Stone 10, Nikki Reed 3, Rachel Stone 2, Jessica Green 2

Three Point Goals:

Marshall Co. 4 (Summers, Tears, London, Uselton)

Loretto 3 (L. Stone 2, Reed)

Team Free Throws:

Marshall Co. 12 of 26 (46.2%)

Loretto 7 of 9 (77.8%)

From the looks of this, Marshall Co.'s guard play was good, while Loretto may have missed the points of Laura Birdyshaw who was injured in the 2nd qtr.