Father Ryan vs. Brentwood & Tullahoma?

lovetowrestle

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have all the results here is some random things that I remember. Best match was Charlie Oddo wreslting one handed against the BHS kid that I think won the FRHS tourny. Charlie lost but < my Opinion< his hand is not fully healed Big suprise A Bateman lost 3-1. All the other Ryan starters won, Hiller, Dunning, Mondelli, Morales.Clark, Mayo (pinned in 39 seconds), Stark, Adams. Most Irish victories were pins. We still have some plaguing injuries in Joe Oddo, and Nick Myers. One other wrestler that really looked good was Matt Morales he had two matches, winning both with little or no rest. Lomas had a forfiet as well as Demille.

Sorry I do not have more exact info. No team score was kept for Tullahoma suffice to say we won. Wreslted a lot of freshman. Coach Simpson likes the get all the mat time thay can...on to CBHS..

BHS wrestled Tullahoma, then Tullahoma wrestled Ryan, followed by BHS against Ryan. Tullahoma only brought 5 wrestlers up so both of those matches were essentially over before they started. Except for Morales, Ryan wrestled younger, back-up kids in its 5 live matches with Tullahoma.

For Tullahoma, Gessler ( sp.?), their 152, looked very strong winning both his matches.

For Ryan, Dunning was at 112 and had a second period pin. Hiller was back at 125 ( after being at 130 at Overton)------------I am assuming he got certified there with this match---------and had a second period tech fall, 20-5. I don't believe Clark wrestled at 152, however. I think Simpson let the young kid, Rahgianti ( sp.?), who had been pinned by Gessler get another match in at 152 and he wrestled well and won. Also, with Mayo at 171 and Adams at 189, I think Stark got the night off as well. Of the "starters", Meyers also did not wrestle, nor did Joe Oddo.

I agree with irishdad that the best match was Oddo v. Holliman. Close, low scoring match, with Holliman getting two takedowns in the last period to win it.

As I recall, winners for BHS were the kid at 160, who beat Bateman, Slowey at HWT, who got a pin, Chase Sanders at 103 and Nick Chamberlain at 135.

Edited by BuckLateral

I know this is off the thread topic somewhat, but someone on this thread can probably give some insight into why Brentwood is not the upper level team that they use to be. They always seemed to be one of the top competitive teams from Nashville and now they appear from a distance to be a middle of the pack team.

Does the team still have the same number of kids coming out since the H. of Fame coach retired there?

Anyone have any light they can shine on this.

I think 98 was the last time I remember them really making some noise.

Edited by texas23

Ryan bumped Mondelli up to 140 where he beat Brown 15-7. Chamberlain beat Walsh 15-6.

103 CHASE SANDERS (BRENTW) MD 14-6 SCHOELLTE (FR)

112 DUNNING (FR) PIN 3:17 MARSHALL CHEATHAM (BRENTW)

119 DEMILLE (FR) FOR 0-0 BRENTWOOD FORFEIT (BRENTW)

125 HILLER (FR) TF 5-20 JUSTIN LANDIS (BRENTW)

130 KELLEN HOLLIMAN (BRENTW) DEC 6-4 C ODDO (FR)

135 NICK CHAMBERLAIN (BRENTW) MD 15-6 WALSH (FR)

140 MONDELLI (FR) MD 7-15 JONATHAN BROWN (BRENTW)

145 MORALES (FR) MD 0-10 SETH JONES (BRENTW)

152 RAGGHIANTI (FR) MD 1-12 DANIEL HACKETT (BRENTW)

160 STEPHEN ROSS (BRENTW) DEC 3-1 BATEMAN (FR)

171 MAYO (FR) PIN 0:39 ROB CROSSLEY (BRENTW)

189 ADAMS (FR) PIN 1:17 TYLER FULTON (BRENTW)

215 LOMAS (FR) FOR 0-0 BRENTWOOD FORFEIT (BRENTW)

275 STEPHAN SLOWEY (BRENTW) PIN 1:56 ROBERTS (FR)

Tex23, Some light on Brentwood...from what I know of the program, there have seldom been big numbers...the program lost some promising athletes to Ravenwood when it opened...one high energy, totally dedicated 3rd-in-State-as-a-Sophomore was lost through an out-of-state move (not only a loss of team points, but also a loss of practice room competition and workout partner)...the 2003-04 edition is a young team.

Nobody believes CoachBlair's suggestion that it is the coaching. Time will even things out and he will have his team where he wants it to be.