Blount County Freshman

TnVols23

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess we know who the best Freshman team in Blount County is now. Alcoa pretty much took care of Maryville tonight, and Tyler Maples was held to the minimum. And, Just so you know KYcats, Alcoa does have other players who can step up, more so than maryville, since Jordan "the other ridenour" in someone's words dropped 16, while Kyrus Lanxster and Justin Ridenour both had 15. Didn't seem to me like your "other top scorers" pitched in, because I don't remember Huskey doing much to us tonight, as a matter of fact the only people I know that scored are Jolly, Maples, and Neal. I guess we'll just have to see if ya'll can get someone to step up when Maples is out of sync.

Well I guess we know who the best Freshman team in Blount County is now. Alcoa pretty much took care of Maryville tonight, and Tyler Maples was held to the minimum. And, Just so you know KYcats, Alcoa does have other players who can step up, more so than maryville, since Jordan "the other ridenour" in someone's words dropped 16, while Kyrus Lanxster and Justin Ridenour both had 15. Didn't seem to me like your "other top scorers" pitched in, because I don't remember Huskey doing much to us tonight, as a matter of fact the only people I know that scored are Jolly, Maples, and Neal. I guess we'll just have to see if ya'll can get someone to step up when Maples is out of sync.

Congradulaions of the win last night but correct me if I am wrong but didn't the teams split this year. Alcoa my have been the better team last night but from what I have saw this year the teams are very close. Justin's shot is not condusive to highschool basketball and if he doesn't change his shot his ability to score will get much more difficult. Set shots don't work too well in HS BB.

One thing to consider is that Maryville was missing one starter from both games. Same person had a back injury the first game and strep last night.

One difference I see is that Alcoa has a better starting 5 but -0- depth. Maryville has about ten that are similar in ability. This can make a difference as he kids age that the pace of their game picks up.

A can Almost agree with you about the depth of the team, except for Trey Sewell and Daniel Sullivan. And just as a correction, it is Jordan Ridenour that has the set shot, not Justin, and it is pretty dang effective one. Until someone can contest it, then I don't think that there is any problem with it. And if Maryville has so much depth, then why don't they use it?

A can Almost agree with you about the depth of the team, except for Trey Sewell and Daniel Sullivan. And just as a correction, it is Jordan Ridenour that has the set shot, not Justin, and it is pretty dang effective one. Until someone can contest it, then I don't think that there is any problem with it. And if Maryville has so much depth, then why don't they use it?

Jordan or Justin........that set shot will be easily blocked at the varsiy level thus making it ineffective. How many Varsity players shoot set shots? You will see some in the girls game but not the boys. I don't guess Jordan will be allowed to play for the lady tornadoes...........but then who knows.

Watch the game and then you will see Mayville using there depth. At the varsity level depth is a must with the game at a much faster pace.

Sheesh........I'm arguing with a pimple faced teenager.