BGA/BA

Chattcity

A huge upset. BA was shorthanded and played like it...they depended heavily upon Brandon Wright, whom BGA contained quite nicely except for a riveting alley-oop from the hands of Josh Bone. BA trailed mildly most of the game, and came back to take the lead until a desperate, extremely lucky (lucky shots count, too, though) three-pointer fell for the Wildcats to tie the game with 3 seconds left. From there BGA used solid teamwork to secure the overtime victory.

Congrats to BGA. It won't happen again.

All I will say about this is that if BA plays the way they did Friday in the remainder of their games, they may go winless. Just awful! Shooting percentage overall was probably less than 20% for the Eagles. Hard to get much rhythm in a game when you constantly rotate three point guards in and out, with all getting about equal minutes. I'm not taking anything away from BGA...they played hard, had a good gameplan and did what they had to do. I'm sure the BGA players and fans had to be thinking "What's so special about this team?" On Friday, absolutely nothing.

Tuesday night could get real ugly unless something changes F-A-S-T!!

Edited by itzme

Great point itzme. Why do you believe Pitts feels he should be subbing so much, especially at the point. The starting one seems to be getting the ball up the court and into Wright's hands just fine.

I have no issue with the subbing per se, but the system he has used in the past, with two 5 player teams rotating, seemed to have worked. The problem with the current system is that nobody is used to playing with anybody else, and it tends to demoralize players (or even make them move to Knoxville). Point guards control the tempo of the game, and the three that BA is using have very different styles. In addition, having two freshman forwards out there is not helping right now. They are good athletes, but very inexperienced.

I think BA will come back from the loss and have a very successful season; they have too much talent and Coach Pitts is too experienced for them not to.