region 5 rankings

Bobvark

I find it hard to believe that Ross is better than Gessler. True Ross defeated Gessler 6-4 at Brentwood tournament, but not 2 weeks earlier Gessler pinned Ross at Father Ryan dual match. Taking nothing from Ross but the loss was good for Gessler as a reminder that he is beatable at any time. I hope to see a rematch this weekend at Soddy Daisy.

Also Austin Headley (Tullahoma) has pinned your #6 choice @ 171 Ojork

Just some food for thought Brinck(Tullahoma) placed (4th) whic was higher than Heacock at Brentwood and Chamberlain did not place at Brentwood. Brinck will wrestler Diaz (Fairview) next week and we have beaten common opponents with Kozolwski. I just think Brinck should be considered in your poll.

Edited by millerj

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Coach,

Guess you haven't checked recently.  I've got him ranked #1 at 135.

http://68.52.67.202:54321/Wrestling/2003-0...%20Rankings.txt

Linky for the lazy

or go to www.jpeck.net then click wrestling, then curent region 5 rankings.

Josh,

You're doing a great job with this region's PR and communication. One day people will complain we have too many teams in our region with too many established feeder programs which creates better compitition, and after the cream rises to the top, region five has better representation at state. We'll get more than just a few finalists. Depending on the seeding and if things go as they should, I see no one stopping two or three of our Franklin wrestlers from getting there and at least one from winning it all!! Out of our 23 teams we could easily see a couple more.

What's everyone elses predictions on STATE finalists from region 5?

soms

Edited by Sommers

Ok, I'll have them updated around noon today (1/23) with some of the results and changes people have mailed me or posted.

Next year, I'd like to get all 23 rosters from each school and as they beat each other move them up the ladder (I'll probably have to switch to excel to do that).

Then if someone moves weight classes they'll start at the bottom and move up as they beat the others that have all ready been sorted out.

Doing this would also help the regional seeding meeting, probably only one or two arguments from guy's coaches that got hurt or ill.

Anyway, just a thought to improve the rankings as I started them a little late in the year.

Coach Miller; I agree that Gessler will place higher at state. However, Ross has been on fire as of late. I'd love to see the rematch at Soddy.

Thanks champ71, It seems Chad is an up and down wrestler, the better the competition the better he wrestles. And then he has his good days and his bad days.

Here is how I have 135 now:

135-

1-Jon Heacock (FRK)

2-Chamberlain(BW)

3-Brink (Tul)

3-Kozlowski (cen)

4-Diaz (fvw)

It'll be updated tonight . Have Brink and Koz wrestled?