How much should the ref's take?

shotmaker

The refs deserve what they get from the fans, and more.... they seriously make me sick! I can't even begin to tell you how many times the boys from Mcminn County have been cheated out of a game because of them. THIS WAS YOUR POST> YOU ASKED A QUESTION!!!DDDUUUUUUUHHHHHHH

You are either still in high school or a parent whose child has reached beyond her genetic makeup to achieve what she has and also overcome a poor social atmosphere to be a true competitor....can you read your own statement......

Edited by trojanbob

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs deserve what they get from the fans, and more.... they seriously make me sick! I can't even begin to tell you how many times the boys from Mcminn County have been cheated out of a game because of them. THIS WAS YOUR POST> YOU ASKED A QUESTION!!!DDDUUUUUUUHHHHHHH

....can you read your own statement......

Im not even going to reply back to your childish remarks. I was simply expressing the thoughts of all the Mcminn County fans that attend the boys basketball games. I've been debating on whether to put you in your place about this topic, but I am not going to even start cause it will start a big argument, and to be honest with you I dont really care. Take it easy

The refs deserve what they get from the fans, and more.... they seriously make me sick! I can't even begin to tell you how many times the boys from Mcminn County have been cheated out of a game because of them.  THIS WAS YOUR POST>  YOU ASKED A QUESTION!!!DDDUUUUUUUHHHHHHH

TROJANBOB-

You really have a great observation. I don't usually reply to these posts but I have seen many "TROJANBOB'S" in this world that speaks what's on their mind & is just wanting a fair shake. I realize the kids work hard at McMinn, probably harder than most any other team. And it's a shame with all that hard work that the refs take it away from them.

When they throw the ball away or miss shots, they should give the ball back to them. And when the fouls are going against them, say 8 against them & only 1 against the other team, the refs should know that no matter how hard or often the team fouls again, the next foul HAS TO be called on the other team to help even things up. I know that would keep all the fuss about calling fouls on 1 team down, just hope the team doesn't realize that they sould be getting a free foul before they get caught.

And if the refs would do these simple things, these boards would probably go away because there wouldn't be anything else to complain about. Not trying to stir things up, I think Trojanbob agrees that we aught to be able to say what's on our mind, thanks for reminding me.

The funny thing is that I am one of those weird fans who doesn't like to see bad calls either way! I was at the Columbia/Shelbyville boys game last Saturday. They were terrific up until the 4 quarter. I saw a ref call a push on a kid who had the ball in his hands? How does that work? I was at the Columbia/Giles Co. game and saw a ref call a kick on the offense. That doesn't even exist? I haven't seen many good refs this year, they are awful. When I was at the Shelbyville game I was sitting with some Shelbyville fans and we started booing the refs after a bad call against Shelbyville. I like certain teams, but I would rather see good officiating! I think we should have an accountability that reviews all the game film and if you don't get a certain "grade" you have to give your check to a certain charity. That way everyone wins.

Some of the refs I've seen calling lately remind me a lot of moe, curly and larry. One of the refs that called Unaka's game against North Greene last night was pathetic. One of our fans said that he had TB (translated that would be two bellies). He could barely get up and down the floor. Come to think of it, he didn't. By the second quarter, I thought we were going to have to call in the paramedics and administer oxygen. The refs should be in shape, and be held accountable for their performance. Their doing a job and just like any other job, they should be rated on their ability and their performance. Just showing up in a stripped shirt does not make you a good ref. Sure their going to miss calls, but some of the refs are just too out of shape to be calling high school ball.

Edited by spinmoves

The only time it can be called against the offense is if it is punted into the stands or kicked away from someone going for the ball. The rule favors a defensive kick as opposed to an offensive kick. Accidentally kicking the ball on offense isn't a violation, and why would you want to intentionally kick the ball on offense? I am not taking anything away from your suggestion that i 'read up," which I just did. I am simply stating that the officials in high school are making these "difficult" judgement calls about offensive kicks, and can't even make the correct call. I realize that we all make mistakes, but we goto high school games expecting to see poor officiating, we need to raise the standard. This is pathetic.