Matman Rankings

Guest HenryHanson

Boy - it's easy to take potshots at someone else's work. Why can't we all take these rankings for what they are - they are someone who works on incomplete info, without pay, and trys to give us an unbiased view of who the top guys are by weight class.

Then some people don't agree and start "dissecting" them. Of course they're wrong. They're just interesting to see. I appreciate the effort that goes into them and think we ought to run Matman a little slack.

They'll get more precise as the season gets closer to the end and then we'll have the State Tournament and find out who really comes out on top.

Lighten up and don't be so critical !!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matman,

Very good job with the information that has been provided to you from various sources.

Remember, some of those challenging your rankings may have a hidden agenda, like why did'nt my little johnny get ranked higher or ranked at all. And their are some that may want to take your place and bring down your rankings by tearing them apart.

Good job on your part. Keep it up.

According to you in an earlier post, he is not ranked because he got a bad call in some match that he wrestled. I am guessing that if one call is enough to knock him out of the rankings he doesn't belong there anyway. Honestly, don't you think that you are a little biased in how you see things?

Hey Gopher please tell me who you support so I can bring my Irish and kick there tails. first I have never claimed we are the best at all weight classes. With that statement you do show your ignorance. But as a team we are very very strong. We have wrestled twice in Ohio placing second and third, third @ Mcallie without three starters, first @ frhs Inv, second @CBHS losing to Park Hill and we have not lost a regular season match to date. My bias has nothing to do with the fact that we have a great squad. But me in charge on the rankings ..it would be a pleasure. It would be accurate and fair.

Plus I never said one bad call knocked Matt Morales out of placing any where. But I will put him up against your 140 or 145 just bring it gopher boy!!!!!!!!

Hey Gopher please tell me who you support so I can bring my Irish and kick there tails. first I have never claimed we are the best at all weight classes. With that statement you do show your ignorance. But as a team we are very very strong. We have wrestled twice in Ohio placing second and third, third @ Mcallie without three starters, first @ frhs Inv, second @CBHS losing to Park Hill and we have not lost a regular season match to date. My bias has nothing to do with the fact that we have a great squad. But me in charge on the rankings ..it would be a pleasure. It would be accurate and fair.

Plus I never said one bad call knocked Matt Morales out of placing any where. But I will put him up against your 140 or 145 just bring it gopher boy!!!!!!!!

If you think you would have no bias in ranking people whether intentional or not you have been smoking too many shamrocks!

If you think you would have no bias in ranking people whether intentional or not you have been smoking too many shamrocks!

Slow down gopher hole and read what I wrote. I said I would be accurate and fair, not unbiased. My Irish will always be first in my mind. With that this string is done and my invitation still stands......

irishdad, are you coach Simpson or one of the other coahes? Your statement "Hey Gopher please tell me who you support so I can bring my Irish and kick there tails." If you're not a coach then you must have alot of pull. It might be a good idea to check with coach Simpson first before scheduling any matches for the Irish!

Edited by dblduce

irishdad, are you coach Simpson or one of the other coahes? Your statement "Hey Gopher please tell me who you support so I can bring my Irish and kick there tails." If you're not a coach then you must have alot of pull. It might be a good idea to check with coach Simpson first before scheduling any matches for the Irish!

I am not a coach. I am the dad of one of the wrestlers and an alumnus. As far as scheduling any matches for the Irish I am certain that anyone who wanted to challenge us would be accommodated. My point was that we never back down from competiton. We travel far and wide to make our wrestlers better. So if Gopher wants to challenge whether Matt Morales should be ranked I invite him to bring his best and we will settle it on the mat.

So is it just me or is their alot of jealous hatred focused on my Irish. Heck, you guys don't even know me and I get quite a virile response when I stick up for my boys. Maybe you and Gopher support teams that my Irish defeated this year...

And fwc00 is correct it is all practice till state...cya there.....