Wright vs. Smith

PulaskiVols

I didn't toot any horn... If you would read all of my posts, I stated that GC played very sloppy... as did tyler at points.... The first 3 quarters were the worst i've seen GC play... I can tell you to expect a different score in their next meeting... It won't be w/in 10 points... I'm not bias at all... I'm from loretto so therefore, my statements are based on spectating these teams... nothing more...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He shocked me the way he was able to block the ball, but he's going to have to get faster and more agile if he's going to compete with players of Tyler's calibur.

willyp, I wasn't there so I don't know everything about the game, but I'd definitely say Wright competed pretty well with Tyler. Maybe "dominate" would be more appropriate in your paragraph than "compete." Thanks for your opinion, though...I asked the question and I'm glad it's received some responses.

I'm interested in hearing your opinions, though every one of them will probably be biased...

Who was the better team last night? I know some folks will be tempted to use the cop-out argument, "Well, Giles County had more points so they were better," but forget the score for a moment since the game was so close. Who was better, Brentwood Academy or Giles County? BA led for most of the game, but the Bobcats pulled it out at the end, so I'm interested in your opinions.

Good teams always find a way to win. Giles County proved they are a good team.

Good God. Smith played good, Brandon played good. Brentwood played good. Giles played better. That's all that needs to be said. Shay Shannon was the MVP, not for the clutch shooting alone though. He had some LOOOOOONG rebounds. I am really glad to see GC not try and run and gun as much and try and force long passes that were easily stolen. They did a few times, but nowhere near the number they usually do.

Now let's go get ready for the Dunk Contest this Friday vs Loretto!

Wes, did your people get the stats they needed? Now my own personal thoughts about last night. Brentwood played the game with more heart. They never got down even when GC went up 7 to 0 to start the game. Brandon Wright is without a doubt the real deal. After seeing him last night, I came away with the impression that not only is he a great Soph. but a very good kid. Most all of his blocks came in the first half after GC made some adjustments at the half he did'nt get but one or two more. GC finally started pressing late in the 3rd and thats what turned this game around. GC could have easily lost this one but they just never would quit. If Brandon could have took the ball to the hoop in the last 2:20 it might have turned out different. Brandon was 9 of 11 from the floor so I can't understand that. I really don't think GC was out coached in this one because BA's coaches should have told Brandon to shoot in the last two minutes. Also coach Holt new that with basically 7 guys in rotation he did'nt want to run them hard by pressing in the first half. I am really looking forward to THE REMATCH!

We were never able to get the stats. I called the coach monday and he said he hadn't updated them, so I figured if they weren't current they wouldn't do us much good. Thanks immensely for your help, though. I owe you one!

Good reflections on the game. I can tell you that Brandon really is a fantastic guy...he never protests even the worst calls and plays hard 100 percent of the time. He'll take his skills as far as he wants provided he stays healthy. I can't wait to see how the rematch turns out!

I think GC has a lot more going for them than just Tyler Smith. They are weak in the point guard area, but they have players that hustle their butts off and never get any credit. Cazh Givens is a heckuva defensive player and rebounder who plays hard 32 minutes every game and Shay Shannon plays a major role for GC. They should probably step up and do more. That would open up more opportunity for Smith to show his talents. They suffer a lot due to poor coaching.

Wes, did your people get the stats they needed? Now my own personal thoughts about last night. Brentwood played the game with more heart. They never got down even when GC went up 7 to 0 to start the game. Brandon Wright is without a doubt the real deal. After seeing him last night, I came away with the impression that not only is he a great Soph. but a very good kid. Most all of his blocks came in the first half after GC made some adjustments at the half he did'nt get but one or two more. GC finally started pressing late in the 3rd and thats what turned this game around. GC could have easily lost this one but they just never would quit. If Brandon could have took the ball to the hoop in the last 2:20 it might have turned out different. Brandon was 9 of 11 from the floor so I can't understand that. I really don't think GC was out coached in this one because BA's coaches should have told Brandon to shoot in the last two minutes. Also coach Holt new that with basically 7 guys in rotation he did'nt want to run them hard by pressing in the first half. I am really looking forward to THE REMATCH!

I agree with your analysis. Close games come down to little things.

BA got stuck with the wrong players on the floor when GCHS started to press, and there was about a 2 minute stretch that resulted in 3 or 4 turnovers and probably 8 GCHS points. A time out would have been a good idea.

That 3 point attempt by Tyler Griffin (who overall played a very good game)with under a minute left and BA down by 1 was ill-advised. That was not the plan, believe me. Unfortunately, the last two shots for BA were that one, and a forced running 10 footer by Josh Bone. The Eagles need to learn to calm down and go to their strength when they need those tough points.

Wes, to answer your question, GCHS was the better team overall last night. I think with Barry Turner back in for the rematch, it might be a different story. We'll see.

Anyone in the Nashville area can watch the replay tonight, and see for themselves.