G.P West Invitational

bruin103

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Mater Dei. They are sending their Freshmen and JV. They could not bring their varsity because of the team from GA being there. They have a rule in Indiana that does not allow them to wrestle teams that are a certain distance away from the Indiana border. I believe it is 300 miles. This rule exists even if they meet at a nuetral site such as Brentwood.

Yes, Matre Dei is sending their JV down for the tournament.

Due to most of the varsity being 24-man brackets, we are going to start at 5:30 on Friday with varsity on all 5 mats in the big gym and JV on the two mats in the Campbell Center. We'll run this for about an hour, then drop varsity back to 3 mats and bring JV back into the big gym on the other 2 mats. The Freshmen tournament will start at 6:30 in the Campbell Center. We're still planning on going through the quarters in varsity and freshmen on Friday night. We'll keep posting JV matches through the quarters or until 10:15, whichever comes first. After those 10:15 matches are done, we'll stop and pick up wherever we left off in the morning.

Confused yet?

Good. Varsity brackets will be posted very soon.

Coach Blair

They have a rule in Indiana that does not allow them to wrestle teams that are a certain distance away from the Indiana border.  I believe it is 300 miles.  This rule exists even if they meet at a nuetral site such as Brentwood

This might be the dumbest bylaw I have ever heard of. Maybe there are unforseen reasons for this, but I would think that this would halter a Nationally ranked team's competition?

Edited by dragonwrestler