Giles Co. 74, Loretto 47

PageMan

Loretto......5....12....2...18.....47

Giles Co...15...22...17...20.....74

Giles Co. 74 - Tyler Smith 17, Shay Shannon 17, Zach Holt 12, Kash Givens 8, Justin Morris 6, Chris Phillips 5, Channing Coffey 3, Wes Carter 3, Josh McCluskey 2, Corey Perry 1

Loretto 47 - Jeremy Lumpkins 15, Michael Kendrick 11, Ben Ashworth 6, Coty Giles 6, Mark Lamm 4, Brock Glass 3, Jason Casteel 2

Three Point Goals:

Giles Co. 7 (Shannon 5, Holt 2)

Loretto 3 (Lumpkins 3)

Team Free Throws:

Giles Co. 12 of 21 (57.1%)

Loretto 7 of 9 (77.7%)

Team Fouls:

Giles Co. 14 (1 T on Smith)

Loretto 22 - Fouled Out: Ashworth

Team Turnovers: Giles Co. 14, Loretto 21

I'm not going through the gory details, but Shannon was really hot with his 5 three's and Smith looked good with 3 dunks, I believe. Holt had a good showing with 2 three's and 4 of 4 FT's. Loretto's Lumpkins had 13 (3 three's) in the 4th qtr. to make the score somewhat respectable as Giles played their bench. Giles pressing defense was too much for Loretto as they forced 15 turnovers in the 1st half. Giles student section looked pretty good to me although it look weird for them to be under the goal instead of on the side lines. Good to see wneely and his friends after the game. Love those yellow hard hats. I think Giles is well on its way back to the state. Tyler looked pretty good on defense against Kendrick of Loretto. He looked like he hustled most of the time - only a few times walking back up the court. Giles as a team played about 80% against the much weaker Loretto team. They can turn it up if they want to, but didn't have to tonight.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A well played game by both squads. Tyler and Shay did their thang, and Zach kicked it up tonight. Good game buddy. Ashworth for Loretto really lost his temper. He did a Luke Lamm impersination and shot us a bird behind his back coming down the court. Steve went up for an oop, and as soon as Ashworth saw the ball tossed in the air, he set like a pick on Channing so he couldn't jump up and catch it. The ref called a foul, but could that have been considered a charge if Ashworth's feet were set (and they werent)?

Tyler got a tech, i dunno why, but if it was for hanging on the rim, he was waiting for the player to move out from underneath him. Ashworth almost got squashed when Tyler had that first oop down at our end.

Oh well, this is our last time playing Loretto for the season. I wish you all the best of luck, maybe we can tangle in the tourneys.

Now my focus shifts to Marshall Co. and then your Page Patriots next Friday PageMan. haha. Hope to see you there.

Mr. Smith got a T for stareing down Loretto's Michael Kendrick. Tyler hung on the rim and nobody was below him. It was for show, admit it.

Mr. Ashworth had a good right to shoot yall a bird if he did. I cant blame him with some of the things yall were yelling.

The boys were instructed to take that charge if tyler or anyone tried to go up for a lob. It worked.

Great game by both teams.

Mr. Smith got a T for stareing down Loretto's Michael Kendrick. Tyler hung on the rim and nobody was below him. It was for show, admit it.

Mr. Ashworth had a good right to shoot yall a bird if he did. I cant blame him with some of the things yall were yelling.

The boys were instructed to take that charge if tyler or anyone tried to go up for a lob. It worked.

Great game by both teams.

LOL that was the foul that sent Ashworth to the bench. There was no charge. What exactly were "we" yelling?

Yeah the student section did it's job 100% effectiveness last night. We were all up in Ashworth and #32's head. My bad. I guess we'll just sit down and not clap or cheer or do anything.

If you wanna see a REAL student section turn your TV to ABC. The Blue Devils are playing Wake Forest at home. HUGE matchup! Michigan takes on Mich. State later, GO DUKE and more importantly GO BLUE!

I'm watching the Iowa, Illinois game. It's been pretty close. Hey neely you got any new ideas fdor the SS at GC? And yeah #32 was getting pretty mad out there. I'm pretty sure he was the one that was crying to the ref and pointing at us during a free throw. I yelled at him while he was doing it and told him not to cry to the ref.

The funny thing was, the ref kind of looked at him after I said that and I think she agreed. See you Tue.