Best Freshmen

BattleBornVolunteer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly is a freshman this year. He was ineligible in the eight grade middle school season because of his age. Felix is a great 15-16 year old freshman, but his age does have something to do with his adavnced abilities and ability to compete physically. As far as 14 year old freshman, I would have to go with Bauke of CBHS.

Edited by CoachDelgado

Bauke may be tough, but there is no way that he will be able to compete at the state tournament for the next two years. He is physicall incapable of hanging with Whitt Dunning and Corey Manson. He will find that his success as an elementary school wrestler will not transfer over to his high school days. There is more to wrestling than technique when you reach the high school level.

Well, seeing as this string has nothing to do with his physical toughness but his sucess as a freshman, I would say that Bauke is the most successful freshman in the state this year. Nobody question if he could beat Manson or Dunning, but I wondering if you have ever seen him wrestle? Not many kids have been year-round wrestling since they were in 2nd or 3rd grade. I believe that once the naysayers out there see Bauke perform at states, they will be suprised. I also believe that Bauke is in the toughest weight class in DII, and that he will give Dunning and Manson all they can handle. Just my opinion.

Josh Bauke is my pick for top freshman. It will remain to be seen if he can beat Whit or Manson yet. However, don't let the little schoolboy looks or the "elementary wrestling" garbage fool you. He is technically and fundamentally sound. At Oklahoma State's wrestling camp this summer, he won every match but two, a 4-2 and a 2-0 loss to to upperclassmen studs (from Oklahoma). He might not be a state champ this year, but look at who's in front of him. I know a lot of SENIORS that can't beat Whit or Manson.