G-ville vs. Westmoreland

tigers2532

From what I've seen, Jones shows up every night (just scores more some nights than others, but the rest of her game is there all the time). The game won't hinge on her. It will hinge on how Gordonsville defends the rest of the Westmoreland players. Gordonsville is a quality team.

Yes...they are.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey sleep23, look at the boys board and the thread about friendship and westmoreland. x-player , a westmoreland person , got on here and said smith county people are ignorant people. if that dont make someone want to go for their county team what will.???

It appears to me that the people that took offense to x's statement are those that could wear the shoe. ;)

You were close. Westmoreland won by8, 44-36.

Sarah Jones kept Westmoreland a step ahead of the Tigerettes all night. When it looked like G-ville might get into a position to get even with Westmoreland, Jones or Franklin would hit a big shot and pull back away.

BIG STAT OF THE GAME: Westmoreland forced G-ville into 24 turnovers.

Congratulations to the Lady Eagles on a big win.

Edited by UncleStimpy

Good Job girls on a great game tonite. People had thier doubts about you guys but I know everyone of u way better and them and ya'll have no let ups you have more heart than any other team out there. Sarah and Kristy you 2 stepped up tonite and made the BIG plays like almost always. Keep up the good work girls.

Very good game tonight girls!! Although it wasn't just foul shots that caused Gordonsville to not be as much in the game as they should have been ( ah hem........24 turnovers) but too many points are lost by shooting 9 - 19 from the free throw line.......esp when you lose by 8! I'm pround of my girls though.....Westmoreland is a tough team and ya'll hung with em through it all. Be ready for Tuesday now ladies........the Lady Commanders are gonna be lookin for blood............and always, I'll be there cheerin for ya...........maybe in my tall black boots :):)

Do you honestly think RBS is the team to beat now in that region? Come on, even the RBS faithful will tell you it was an upset. Congrats to RBS though. They've knocked off two Class A powerhouses this year in Clarkrange and Westmoreland.

Clarkrange is the team to beat in the region and will be the team to beat barring injury. That doesn't mean your beloved Westmoreland won't have to beat RBS in the early rounds of the region to get another game against Clarkrange though. Good luck to all. That region has about six teams (Gordonsville, Friendship, Westmoreland, RBS, Clay Co., Clarkrange) who could really make some noise in the postseason though. I'm not sure how far any of those teams could go in the state tournament, but if given the right situation and if they're playing at the top of their game, I'm not sure that any of them couldn't make the state.

Good luck to all. It should be an interesting ride the rest of the way.

Hey eyeonu DON"T worry about Westmoreland. When tournament time comes around they will bring their "A" game just like we did last year. These girls have had a great year so far and it's just the beginning. If they get RBS first round then so be it. They will just repeat like last year with a trip back to the 'Boro. Good Job Lady Eagles keep with the good work!!!!