What Class A schools are statebound

cobra24

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much mention of Grace. They have a good team and played temple to overtime a few weeks ago. They also almost lost to Boyd so you never know.

Don't count them out.

CCS is the best team in this region but anything can happen. Region tournament is at Temple which makes a big difference.

I would say a combination of not having 2 starters, sloppy play, and no intensity. In a game where a team has everything to lose and the other team nothing, it happens. I'm not even worried though. DA is friday and Lipscomb Saturday and it should be 2 good games. It's good to see a McEwen player being cordial in the forum. Don't worry though warrior, NCS hasn't lost it or anything. B)

Yes, I know the 8 teams that win the SUBSTATE game will make the trip to the 'Buro, but....I have been looking into my crystal ball tonight for the 2 teams that could make it out of Regions 1 & 2:

Cosby

Rockwood---They host the region with Cosby, Oneida, Harriman, and others

Oneida

Unaka

Cloudland

Harriman

Outside looking in:

Hancock County

Harriman

CAK

Wartburg

Coalfield

BBALL is a funny game and there is plenty of ball left to be played.

If I had to pick any of the above teams, I would pick Cosby and Oneida--I like what Windle has done. And remember, the first go round between Cosby-Oneida saw N Armstrong sit out for the Indians and that boy is a difference maker!!

You don't know how much it means to us Oneida guys that we are even mentioned in this thread. Last year we were eliminated in the first round of districts and now people are picking us to maybe even make substate...if it happens, awesome, but we won't slow down. We're still coming. Right now we are leading the district, and we have 5 tough games coming up. Should be fun.

As for all the people ripping me for mentioning Moore Co., they have a legit shot at state. MC and Forrest could very well be the top two teams in the region, with one of them getting to host a substate game. Sure CPA, FRA, Ezell, G-pasture, DCA and all are a great district, but it only takes a win over one of them in substate to move on. They'll be playing ONE of those teams, not the whole bunch. Also, I agree that Forrest may be overrated, but they are very good. When Jamar decides to get down and play, he is hard for anyone to stop, and he has a very good supporting cast.

Just keep tooting your horns, but while you're at it, go ahead and be making up excuses for why you didn't make it to state with such a good team. In substate, it's 0-0 to start the game no matter who you beat during the regular season.

CPA is looking pretty good after beating a good fra team by 4 when they weren't playing well at all, and to the Temple fan, that is not a great comparison because college heights matches up way better with CPA than Temple does. I don't think Temple has anyone that can stop Sikes.

Were you at the CPA FRA game? Because, being there, I could tell you that CPA may not have played well as a team, but Andrew House hit just about every shot he took and they had some other great performances as well. It seems youre trying to make CPA seem even better than they are as if FRA isnt a worthy opponent. This comment is going to seem biased because Im an FRA fan, but the refs were calling terrible fouls both ways. They didnt let either team play. The difference was that nearly every foul called on CPA was a nonshooting foul, while CPA got a million calls in the paint. Just be warned if your team plays CPA, they lean in and jump into defenders every time they go inside. Our big men were just standing straight up by the end- not even trying to defend the shot, just having their hands up, and the refs were still calling fouls every time CPA shot just because they purposely jumped into FRAs bodies. Obviously, it worked for them, and they won, but I couldnt believe the refs called over 25 fouls total in the second half. That game was also a good argument for a shot clock- if a team down by one has to start fouling with over a minute left, somethings wrong....hope the TSSAA fixes that.