What Class A schools are statebound

cobra24

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Halls yet this year, but based on teams from the past couple of years and what I have heard from others who have seen them play, this is what I can gather:

Halls is more of a running team. They are extremely fast and can make teams that try to run with them turn the ball over. They have some great athletes, particularly Dane Strayhorn, who can do it all. He is a great shooter and can get to the rim with the best of them. But they aren't a one-man show. The other players are also good shooters and they can compensate for Strayhorn if he has a bad night (which is very rare). They are very well coached as well. If they've had one weakness in the past, it's that they haven't played particularly well on the defensive end. However, they have beaten some great offensive teams this year, so they have likely picked it up on defense.

Yeah, the teams are pretty equal. Any of the above teams could come out of sub-state.

To show the balance:

Lake Co. lost to South Fulton tonight, who isn't even among the teams listed above. It was their second loss to South Fulton this season. Yet, Lake Co. beat Trenton and Halls.

JCS beat Adamsville badly, but lost to Middleton. Adamsville beat Middleton last week by 2.

I wouldn't know where to begin in trying to decide who will come out of these regions. A lot will depend on the draws in the tourneys.

Yes, I know the 8 teams that win the SUBSTATE game will make the trip to the 'Buro, but....I have been looking into my crystal ball tonight for the 2 teams that could make it out of Regions 1 & 2:

Cosby

Rockwood---They host the region with Cosby, Oneida, Harriman, and others

Oneida

Unaka

Cloudland

Harriman

Outside looking in:

Hancock County

Harriman

CAK

Wartburg

Coalfield

BBALL is a funny game and there is plenty of ball left to be played.

If I had to pick any of the above teams, I would pick Cosby and Oneida--I like what Windle has done. And remember, the first go round between Cosby-Oneida saw N Armstrong sit out for the Indians and that boy is a difference maker!!

I agree with you.... I just came from the Lake Co.-South Fulton game and LakeCo led for just about the whole ball game...Lake Co. loked like they were going to put S.F.away having 8 point leads on two or three occasions...Lake Co.had a 4 point lead with about 2 minutes left an the ball only to see S.F. steal the ball and score and Lake Co.'s best shooter,Jamar Mays, foul out of the game..It was tied up 75-75 with about 1:15 left and Lake Co was was called for a violation for moving at the end line while trying to throw the ball in bounds...S.F.got the ball back and scored with 5 seconds left..You are right......I have seen Trenton,Halls,Greenfield,So.Fulton,Lake Co and there is not much difference in any of these teams...It's just who may be hot that night....I give S.Fulton credit..they didn't quit and it was a great game to watch.

CPA 72 Temple 59 theres a good comparison for you.

Yes, CPA did beat Temple by 13 -- but a couple of weeks ago CPA and Temple were in a Tournament and CPA was beat by College Heights and Temple turned around and won the tournament -- defeating College Heights. So, I think the next time Temple plays CPA the Crusaders will win. Temple should have won against CCS tonight -- but the Chargers took it in OT. Can't wait for the rematch. I believe Temple will prevail next time and go to State.

Edited by oldtimeballer63

There is no way this question will be answered until tourney time because everyone is winning games big that they shouldnt win and loosing games they shouldnt lose. No one has showed that they are above anyone else. NCS got beat by the worst team in the district tonight and CPA went down to Ezell. Everything seems unpredictable.