Seymour over #1 Sevier Co.

giginago41

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Sevier County's fans are whining a little bit too much. You got beat - get over it and grow up!!!

As for Brooke being a dirty player - If anything, she isn't agressive enough. I saw her play last year and thought she needed to be more physical.

Isn't it also time to give Randy Moore credit as one of the best coaches anywhere?

anybody who takes that bet, please tell me, who do you think is going to win? And to everyone who says that I am crying, maybe you should go back and read my post, I gave all the respect in the world to Seymour. As for BoroPATS I don't know what a beat is, but if you were meaning to spell the BET, your on.

P.S. The Lady Eagles better be ready for the beating of their lives on Feb. 19

Brooke a dirty player? I dont think so just seems like your excuse for not winning, it may have looked like over the back but for the refs to call it the girl under Brooke has to make the effort to make contact and actually back her up and box her out now if all of that was done and Brooke was still over the back then you can say that, but if your girl doesnt actually box her out then its not over the back and 9 times outta 10 when people are complaining about over the back the girl under neath just simply isnt boxing out. Just my theory. Seymour and Seiver Co are both GREAT basketball teams. Congrats Seymour and Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year!

Edited by bball35

All I have to say is that Sevier Co. is still the #1 team in the state. Even with a loss we will still end up in the state tourney. Give all the props to Seymour they did come to play and were not scared of our ranking. All of you SC doubters neeed to shut up...like smalltown......It sounds like you must be from a small town....if you came out of the rock were you live and watch high school sports more often you would realize that SC is an awsome Lady basketball team. They have always been good. Just look at our past four years.....As for us growing up I think we have...we obviosly have a better record then most teams in the state not to mention we have one of the states hardest schedules.

Go Bearettes :blink::unsure:

The truth of the matter is both teams are great teams and both teams have great coaches. Brooke did not beat Sevier Co., the whole team did. Sure, Brooke scored the most points but somebody had to help on defense, she couldn't gaurd all five players by herself, somebody had to get the ball down the floor against the press, Seymour's girls played one of the best defensive games they have ever played. I think that is evident by the final score. Both teams have tough schedules this year. They will both be in the state tournament this year in their respective classes and hopefully it will be like last year and they will be chearing for each other. As for now, they both have several games left in their season that they need to concentrate on. Good luck to both teams. Hope to see both at the state tournament. There is room in Murphreesboro for both teams and for all the fans. Just think, how many counties in the state can say they have 2 top ranked teams in the state. Let's stop the bickering and be proud of all of these girls and coaches and their hard work. Go Lady Eagles and Go Bearettes!!! <_<

The truth of the matter is both teams are great teams and both teams have great coaches. Brooke did not beat Sevier Co., the whole team did. Sure, Brooke scored the most points but somebody had to help on defense, she couldn't gaurd all five players by herself, somebody had to get the ball down the floor against the press, Seymour's girls played one of the best defensive games they have ever played. I think that is evident by the final score. Both teams have tough schedules this year. They will both be in the state tournament this year in their respective classes and hopefully it will be like last year and they will be chearing for each other. As for now, they both have several games left in their season that they need to concentrate on. Good luck to both teams. Hope to see both at the state tournament. There is room in Murphreesboro for both teams and for all the fans. Just think, how many counties in the state can say they have 2 top ranked teams in the state. Let's stop the bickering and be proud of all of these girls and coaches and their hard work. Go Lady Eagles and Go Bearettes!!! <_<

Well said.

Go Teams B)

Look out for Seymour...they are my dark horse to knock off Jackson County this year. Who in AA has an answer for her???

Wescharge I know your schedule doesn't show it but McMinn Central for one. I think they met early in the year in a hall of champions game and McMinn Central won. McMinn Central 60 Seymour 56. And the game wasn't as close as the score looked. Not saying Central will be there in the end either but dont count your chickens before they hatch. and I saw SC at greenville tour. they must have had a bad night the other night because this game should have been closer.

Why is it so hard to believe that Seymour just beat SC? SC did have an off night offensively but it was caused by Seymour's defense. You say you saw SC at Christmas. Have you seen Seymour since the Hall of Fame game? Teams do improve. As far as McMinn Central stopping her. She had 20 in that game and got her ownself in foul trouble. They didn't shut her down.

Johnson is a great talent,but people saying she plays rough not at all from what Ive seen, even look on Knoxprep she is like 43 or 44 in rebounds and probaley the biggest girl on Knoxprep. I think Seymour has a good team and can make a run at any team 2AA and most in 3AA and Im not a Seymour fan just have to call them the way they are. GO LADY BOBCATS... <_<