Walker Valley/ Meigs...upset?

outsideview

HUCK, I have to agree that the Central girls are so awful! They are only ranked number seven in the state! How awful is that! This is definately a down year for the Chargerettes. They are pitiful. Also, they only have 2 players who have signed with D-1 colleges, and will probably have another. I'm sure most schools sign all five of their starters to D-1 schools because as you know, Central's girls are awful. I am ashamed for the girls in the basketball program this year. I wish the McMinn Central girls team was as good as the other District 5AA teams. If they were that good, they would definately be the best team in the state. Can you believe they have lost 3 games this year! They even got beat by Livingston Academy by 1 in overtime. There is no excuse for Central losing to such an awful program as theirs. Maybe Central will be better next year.

I'm sorry I did not make it clear that i was talking about McMinn Central. Hope I didn't start or cause any bad feelings huck.

bball2115 i thought that meigs did have some talent when i saw them last year, that's why i surpised by their record when i saw it. I guess we will all see which team is for real tonight. Good luck to all

HUCK, I have to agree that the Central girls are so awful! They are only ranked number seven in the state! How awful is that! This is definately a down year for the Chargerettes. They are pitiful. Also, they only have 2 players who have signed with D-1 colleges, and will probably have another. I'm sure most schools sign all five of their starters to D-1 schools because as you know, Central's girls are awful. I am ashamed for the girls in the basketball program this year. I wish the McMinn Central girls team was as good as the other District 5AA teams. If they were that good, they would definately be the best team in the state. Can you believe they have lost 3 games this year! They even got beat by Livingston Academy by 1 in overtime. There is no excuse for Central losing to such an awful program as theirs. Maybe Central will be better next year.

easy, tiger......... <_<

well as the game showed last night, there was no upset. The Lady Mustangs played very sloppy in the first half but in the second half they came back and pulled away from the Lady Tigers. I cant remember the score but I believe it was a 16 to a 20 point win. Well thats a clean sweep of the Tigers and the Lady Mustangs are just working hard to get some pay back against the McMinn Central Chargerettes this coming Friday at Centea. GO LADY MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think it was so much sloppy as it was we fell in love with our many, many, many outside shots in the 1st half, that were not falling, and totally forgot about the big mismatch inside. Start of 2nd half, we went inside first few times down the court, scored, took control of game, then hit a few outside shots, game over. I thought our shots looked flat, a lot of short front rim misses, sometimes a sign of tired legs. Starters have played a lot of minutes in first 20 games, some unnecessary during blowouts. It's a long season, 30+ games with tournaments coming up. We need the starters to be fresh for the stretch run. I would like to see the young bench backups get a few more minutes when possible and give the top 5 some rest. I believe the bench players could definitely play even and maybe even beat some of the teams we face, when the starters are still on the floor.

Come tournament time good rested legs and a strong bench to help if there are foul troubles are necessary. Bob Williams and Johnny Morgan at McMinn and Central both do a good job of rotating in. Bob goes about 3 deep into the bench every time and Morgan usually goes 4 subs if not 5. That helps both teams keep their speed going and brings the younger ones along for next year.