Fulton vs. Powell

mocs30

In looking at Fulton's schedule, I was shocked to see that they have lost four games in a row. Although they have all been close games. Jody is a great coach, so I would imagine that he will have his boys ready tonight. Typically, Fulton has been a thorn in the side of the Panthers for the last ten years. But Powell is playing well right now, so I give a slight edge to the home-standing Panthers.

Powell is playing well and Fulton is in a bit of a slump. Fulton has indeed lost 4 in a row 3 to quality teams and 1 to a team that has played well all year. If I am not mistaken Davis at Gibbs is 2-2 vs Wright and he and his team have put a scare in several heavyweights in their district. Not bad for a baseball coach. Fulton had a very emotional game last night. They got behind early and made a run late but didn't have enough to finsh. This could be to Powells advantage. Powell should win but Fulton is like an injuried animal and look for them to come out very angry and focused. I want be surprised if Powell wins but I look for Fulton to beat Powell becaue they will defend the post which will frustrate Smith and they can neutralize Powells outside game with their quickness.

chill,

I saw the first ac/powell game, but I missed the most recent. I was informed that AC just shot the lights out and had a seven point possession in the first half due to a technical foul. Sounds like it was a thrilling game. I was shocked when Powell ebat AC the first time because I know how good they are. I did expect Powell to win the second time around, but it sounds like they ran into a buzz saw. AC can do that to people. I love #23 for them, Humphries???, he is just a really good ball player. I could see him playing college ball at a small school. Powell will be competitive down the stretch, but the next two or three years should be even better.

Andrew Chaniott is # 23 and he was the runner up for district MVP last year. Humphrey #33 is the leading scorer and rebounder for AC this season. Powell looked a little surprised during this game. I think they came in confident, but with theaddititon of Smith they should be. They are going to be a force the next few years with Smith, Hargis, Connor, etc....

When was the last time Fulton lost 5 in a row?

Maybe their shots will fall a bit better tonight.

Unfortunately, no Justin Long and no Tylon Gibson leaves 10 fairly good ball players but none are great scorers. They will out defense you and out rebound you to win. Powell should equalize them on the boards and offensively should be superior. I would like to see the Cooper/Smith battle. Two of the best post presences in the area. If Fulton regroups and comes out as a fighting team they could get dangerous come tourney time.