5 - Oviedo, FL;

6 - Parkview, (Lilburn), GA;

7 - Summerville, SC;

8 - Countryside (Clearwater), FL;

9 - Cary, NC;

10 (tie) - Homewood, AL:

10 (tie) - Jesuit (New Orleans), LA;

10 (tie) - Father Ryan (Nashville), TN;

10 (tie) - Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale), FL – attended Trey Culotta in N.O.

10 (tie) - Hoover, AL;

10 (tie) - The Lovett School (Atlanta) GA

10 (tie) - Lugoff-Elgin, Lugoff, SC

TEAM INFO

1 - Brandon, FL; Ranked #1 in Florida; 2003- 1st Class 2A; Returns five state champs, Cesar Grajales (125), Ryan Joyce (135), Rocky Cozart (160), David Craig (171), Rashard Goff (215), runner-ups Tommy Hutchinson (152( and Keith Simmons (275) added Sean Joyce (119) state champ, Franklin Gomez (112) NJ state qualifier plus two others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: ASICS Ironman (OH), hosts Graves Invitational (FL).

2 - Bradley Central (Cleveland), TN; Ranked #1 in Tennessee; 2003 1st Division I Individuals and Duals; Returns three state champions, three runner-ups plus three state placers; 2004 Top Events: Virginia Duals (VA), Huntsville Invitational (AL).

3 - Riverside (Durham), NC; Ranked #1 in North Carolina; 2003 1st Class 4A Individual and Duals; Returns state champs Vincent Ramirez (130) and George Hickman (135), runner-up Jon Morton (119) and four others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Tiger Classic (NC), WRAL (NC).

4 - Brother Martin (New Orleans), LA; Ranked # 1 in Louisiana; 2003 1st Division 1; Returns state champ John Green (171), runner-up Brian Lozes (135); 2004 Top Events: Graves Invitational, Brandon, (FL), McCallie (Chattanooga, TN), Black Horse (Memphis, TN).

5 - Oviedo, FL; Ranked #2 in Florida; 2003 4th Class 3A; Returns state champ Jason Robbins (135), runner-up Justin Fraga (145), adds Jesse Robbins (140) state champ plus six others with state and national tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Xenia (OH), Land O'Lakes Duals (FL), hosts Zac Jarzynka Memorial (FL).

6 - Parkview, (Lilburn), GA; Ranked #1 in Georgia; Returns state champ K. Hudson (215) plus seven others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Midwest Classic (OH), Hewlett Trussville (AL).

7 - Summerville, SC; Ranked #1 in South Carolina; 2003 1st State - Individual; Returns three state champs plus five others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Virginia Duals (VA), Tiger Classic (NC), WRAL (NC).

8 - Countryside (Clearwater), FL; Ranked #3 in Florida; 2003 2nd Class 2A; Returns runner-ups Vince Scholl (119), Dominic DeNunzio (140) and A. Jay Hixon (145) plus three others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Graves Invitational (FL) and Land O'Lakes Duals (FL).

9 - Cary, NC; Ranked #2 in North Carolina; 2003 1st Class 4A Individual, 2nd 4A Duals; Returns runner-ups Nick Koren (119) and Logan Winterton (152) plus four others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Deep Creek (VA) and Eden Holiday Classic (NC).

10 (tie) - Homewood, AL; Ranked #1 in Alabama; Returns state champs Seth Garvin (152), Trent Dotson (145) and Aaryn Melnikoff plus three others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Hoover (AL) and Christian Brothers (Memphis, TN).

10 (tie) - Jesuit (New Orleans), LA; Ranked 2nd in Louisiana; 2003 2nd Division 1; Returns: Spiro Cartulis; 2004 Top Event: Beast of the East (DE).

10 (tie) - Father Ryan (Nashville), TN; Ranked #2 in Tennessee; 2003 1st Division II Individual and Duals; Returns two state champions, two runner-ups plus four others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Harrison Duals (OH), McCallie (TN), Mater Dei (IN).

10 (tie) - Cardinal Gibbons (Fort Lauderdale), FL; Ranked #4 in Florida; 2003 1st Class 1A; returns runner-ups David Spanich (215) and Leon Harrington (275) plus three others with state tourney experience adds state placers Sean McAleney (145) and Jamie Cross (160); 2004 Top Events: Brother Martin (LA), Graves Invitational (FL), Rebel (SC).

10 (tie) - Hoover, AL; Ranked #2 in Alabama; 2003; 1st Class 6A; Returns state champions Tyler Osborn (119) and Justin Brown (152), runner-up Sam Thompson plus four others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Parkview Duals (GA), Midwest Classic (OH), Bradley Central (TN).

10 (tie) - The Lovett School (Atlanta) GA; Ranked #2 in Georgia; 2003 1st Class 3A Individuals and Duals: Returns state champs Schroder Voyles (112) and Lansing Lee (125), runner-ups John Egan and William Cherry plus five others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events:

10 - (tie) - Lugoff-Elgin, Lugoff, SC; Ranked #2 in South Carolina; 2003 1st Class 3A Individuals and Duals: Returns two state champs and seven others with state tourney experience; 2004 Top Events: Demon (SC), Agie Skeens (VA) and Bearcat (SC).

What do you mean? Bradley is number one. I think it will probably go like this...

1. Bradley

2. McCallie

3. Baylor

4. Father Ryan

Bradley has done nothing to lose the top spot. In fact, they beat Parkview, who is ranked #6 on that list. McCallie will obviously be ahead of Baylor, but I don't think that Baylor losing means that they were overrated. It just means that McCallie was underrated. I don't think Father Ryan will crack the top 3 until after state duals...possibly, unless something unbelievable happens to McCallie or Baylor between now and then. But then again I don't know how the coaches or Matman feel about this, so we'll just have to see.

Edited by best_of_the_west

What do you mean? Bradley is number one. I think it will probably go like this...

1. Bradley

2. McCallie

3. Baylor

4. Father Ryan

Bradley has done nothing to lose the top spot. In fact, they beat Parkview, who is ranked #6 on that list. McCallie will obviously be ahead of Baylor, but I don't think that Baylor losing means that they were overrated. It just means that McCallie was underrated. I don't think Father Ryan will crack the top 3 until after state duals...possibly, unless something unbelievable happens to McCallie or Baylor between now and then. But then again I don't know how the coaches or Matman feel about this, so we'll just have to see.

How did McCallie fair in the FR tournament? Didn't FR win it?

soms

1. Bradley

2. McCallie

3. Baylor

4. Father Ryan

How did McCallie fair in the FR tournament? Didn't FR win it?

soms

I Predict Baylor to win the duals and FR the tournament. Again, watch out for MBA.

soms

lovetowrestle, you are right. They were missing two of their three best wrestlers: Ryan Scott and Spencer Manley. Also, Moore and Rudolph did not come. I agree that McCallie is a better duals team than and individual tournament team. I wouldn't be too worried about MBA. I think they will have a difficult enough time with CBHS and Notre Dame in the fight for fourth. They were impressive at the Kenwood duals, but not quite impressive enough. Anyway, I think Father Ryan should be considered to be one of three serious contenders for the duals title. We'll see how they do against MBA. That will be their first big in-state test.