Ooltewah vs. Walker Valley Tuesday Night

wvstangs8

How bout not telling a person to shut up in an open forum WVstangs, ok? and to you oldtimeballer, thank god for your family that you arent a professional gambler, b/c you would have men from the mafia beating down your doors this minute for even thinking about picking the stangs tonight. And once again for you WVstangs, why should i shut up, my team did win the last meeting, so will i shut up........................NO

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is JEFF STYLES? Come on StayNskool. I don't expect the rest of these guys to know who he is, but I was sure you would! I hosts 2 shows in the morning on TalkRadio. Actually several other people used "pragmatic" and he just said, "ok, pragmatic is the word of the day." Well if you're ever awake in the AM, isten to 102.3.

Go Owls!

yeah... grad, you should know that I am rarely if ever out of bed before noon... only on days when i have to be at the restaurant by 11 does that happen and believe you me thats almost never... oh well... i do't knwo this Jeff Styles character but next time im up that early ill definitely give him a listen... however, theres not much point in me listening to sportstalk on the radio from around here when i get the atlanta stations on my computer

oh yeah... as far as the game goes... Ooltewah dominated Walker Valley from the get go... Walker Valley's famed shooters were firing blanks while Ooltewah Courtney White was nothing short of unstoppable... I don't know the statistics at all but im sure Thorough will have all you need in quick fashion... Michael Newsome was showin some incredible floor vision tonight with great passes to set up scores... I was really impressed with Ooltewah overall effort tonight and tenacity on defense...as expected the most impressive players on the floor for Ooltewah were (in this order) Courtney White/ Sherman Moton(tie), Michael Newsome, and Hunter Augustino.... Hunter set the tone early with 5 quick points one on a layup directly off the tip and with a very nice 3 quickly thereafter...Only Howarter for Walker Valley seemed impressive at all while Ive never seen a team who collectively shoot so many fadaways in my life...

Well well, I went out to this game tonight, and WOW can I say that Ooltewah came to play. I know in the churches you would hear Amen after that statement. In the last two games the Owls have scored 79 and 80 points and the word on CoachT is this is the best they have played since Florida. I know that Courtney White made a huge difference, putting up 27 points and capping it all off with the two hand handed jameroo. When this guy gets in his groove their is not distracting him. The Owls passed the ball in the open court very well and didn't really win this game on the boards like most thought, but looked like they wanted it more. Walker Valley obviously didn't hit their 13 tre's this game, not even close, but they had their chances. The Owls held the Mustangs who had scored their last 3 game with 80+ points and the Owls held them to 59. All I have to say to Walker Valley is the old saying everyone knows, "Live by the three, Die by the three." Good game to both teams, and good luck in the rest of your district and region play. Look for my article on the Chatt Central - Bradley game Friday.

Courtney White 27 points, 11 boards; Brandon Brown and Hunter Augustino 11 each; Sherman Moton 10; and Harrison Fox and Curtis Porter with 8 each for Ooltewah. Trevor Howater led Walker Valley with 17; while Joe Kugler added 12 and Ryan McGuire chipped in with 10. Ooltewah's defense was in the Mustangs face all night, only alowing 4 threes.

Edited by thorough97

Yes, Ooltewah fans I'm back. I wasn't planning on going to the game last night, but I made it around 1/2 time of the boys game. Concerning the Ooltewah boys... WOW! I know I have complained about the trash talking that the Ooltewah fans have done all year, but I have to be honest. I don't know when I have ever seen a team play more "team ball" than I did in the second half last night. I only wish I had gotten there to watch the first half. Courtney White is the "REAL DEAL". Very talented and well-rounded player. The Mustangs didn't shoot well at all (kudos to the Owl defense). Someone said 'live by the three, die by the three'. It obviously happened last night. The Owl student section was very impressive (a little too cold at times). Overall, I was very impressed with all Ooltewah has going on. Again...great gym!

Thanks for the complement Lucky, and by the way it is a shame that you didnt get to see the first half of this game. It is funny though that everyone on here is telling me to stop the trash talking, when my predictions for the owls seemed rediculous to you guys before the game. They werent so rediculous after all now were they? And hmmmm...... where did those brilliant men oldtimeballer and WVstangs run off to??? I seem to remember them talking a lot before the game??? Whats wrong fellas, cant handle the TRUTH????