Portland @ Lipscomb

hsfball

The game will def. be exciting as DL looks to avenge an earlier loss on the road against Corey Brewer and Portland. Lipscomb student section should be rowdy after the shenanigans that went down with the drama queen coaches of Portland and the DL student section. Tomahawk chop will be out in full force as the Bomb Squad looks to get into Brewer's head. Shouldnt be hard at all though, he seems to bite on everything that Dl's students say.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At DL we have tried to get into many players' heads, but none have been easier than Brewer. He responds to almost everything the students say and will change his game or force shots as Rahobk said whenever he knows he is being singled out by fans. What does everyone else think about this game? Will Portland bring a crowd? I strongly doubt they will bring as many students as DL took to Portland.

Edited by hsfball

Should make for a good game. Lipscomb is looking to get revenge for the loss at Portland. Both need the win for their district race. If Portland is healthy, and Brewer is on, Portland by 5. If Lipscomb can get hot early and their fans get into the game, Lipscomb by 10.

Brewer has handled the pressure very well. He has to carry this team in all aspects. He has to perform game in, game out. With that said, I hope the DL fans are able to get to Brewer.

I would like to see students move to the sides. They lose effectiveness when the teams are at the far end of the gym.

With the time change, I wouldn't be surprised if Portland's fan base is down. However, DL should have a lot of students there.

For those of you who haven't heard, the ladies game starts at 3:00 and the mens game starts at 5:00. The game has been moved up since Lipscomb campus will be hosting the Battle of The Blvd. It will be a great night of ball at Lipscomb for all basketball fans. Lipscomb and Belmont starts at 7:00. Come out and watch!! :)

Edited by bigAsports

I'm trying to understand some of the earlier posts. The David Lipscomb student section was in Corey Brewer's head at the first meeting and he still dropped 32 and 18 on them. WOW! I would hate to see what he would have done if the student section wouldn't have been so rowdy. Portland will not have much of a crowd because of the time change. Not as many doctors and lawyers up there that can just take off work in the middle of the day.

For those of you who haven't heard, the ladies game starts at 3:00 and the mens game starts at 5:00. The game has been moved up since Lipscomb campus will be hosting the Battle of The Blvd. It will be a great night of ball at Lipscomb for all basketball fans. Lipscomb and Belmont starts at 7:00. Come out and watch!! :D

While I think it's great that Lipscomb U and Belmont have renewed their rivalry, I don't understand why they scheduled the game on a Tuesday night. I bet it will be a nightmare trying to get out (or in) of there this evening.

Tuesday and Fridays are for high school basketball.