Div. II

CoachtFAN

Ok, we haven't had much D2 discussions going on lately. Curious what everyone thinks of the new AP Poll... It looked alright, but in my opinion Briarcrest really got shafted in th voting. Briarcrest should at least get 4th, if not 3rd or 2nd. They have a young team that is already looking great. They have a great chance to be in the semis this year, or even make it to the champ game with BA.

P.S. These comments are coming from a rival Memphian, and I have a lot of respect for Briarcrest.

Ok, we haven't had much D2 discussions going on lately. Curious what everyone thinks of the new AP Poll... It looked alright, but in my opinion Briarcrest really got shafted in th voting. Briarcrest should at least get 4th, if not 3rd or 2nd. They have a young team that is already looking great. They have a great chance to be in the semis this year, or even make it to the champ game with BA.

P.S. These comments are coming from a rival Memphian, and I have a lot of respect for Briarcrest.

Briarcrest does have some talent, no question. They would be in my top 4. I think the real team to watch out for at the end of the year will be Baylor. They have really underperformed, IMHO.

Bishop Byrne at #4 is a joke... Undefeated and beaten almost every other Memphis D-II school, led by Top 30 Sr. Charles Hampton and Post Brandon Gardner...

gomab, I feel that you overrate Bishop Byrne slightly. I think Briarcrest is a little better, but Bishop Byrne is talented. They are definitely 2nd (if not 1st). Statewide top five, I would say:

1. BA

2. Briarcrest

3. Bishop Byrne

4. Knox. Catholic

Ok, so that was only four teams. It's gonna be close competition this year, and I think anyone's ranking is as good as anyone else's. I want to believe that BA still stands a head above everyone else, but I'm not even sure about that. This year looks to produce a good playoff scenario for whoever partakes.

I have seen every team from the middle reigon play, in addition to a few teams from the East. Heres my poll:

1 Tie: BA

1 Tie: BGA

3 Knoxville Catholic

4 Bishop Byrne

5 Briarcrest

BGA beat BA and has been on a roll, but I will give the defending champs the benefit of the doubt and leave them in a tie for first. Catholic and Briarcrest both fell to the Eagles, so they are out of the top spot. Admittedly, I have not seen Bishop Byrne play, but the caliber of their schedule does not match up with the rest of the top teams. Regardless, they have yet to lose so they are in. Briarcrest rounds out the top five because the rest of the worthy teams that are not in my top 5 have not played as tough a schedule as the Saints.

Edited by Ash56

kingbry10 How can you guys neglect to mention USN? They have beaten JPII (whom Father Ryan lost to) -- we'll see who the 3rd team will be out of DII Mid-state, but I think it will be USN, after they prove themselves in a crucial game tonight @ MBA (who is also contending for that spot)...

i saw MBA pulled out a win over USN last night.. that 3rd spot has to come down to MBA or Ryan..