Gleason vs. Huntingdon..1 vs. 2

tricklician

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Train, I feel like you may have some difficulty comprehending the English language, so I will try to keep this at your level and you can have your mother explain what this means. No Huntingdon fan ever said that our Fillies didn't deserve respect, they stated that they didn't receive the respect they deserved. There is a big difference between the two (again this is where you made need someone to break this down for you). Huntingdon is a football town, always has been, probably always will be. Therefore, our basketball program doesn't get that much following. Even so, that doesn't mean we don't think they deserve our respect. The players did not pick their schedule, they can't help who is in their district anymore than you can. Regardless, they are an awesome team and I wish them luck with the game tonight. Fillies we love you, people like Train just have a hard time following the lines. :lol:

What a game......OT.......only like 5 points scored in the whole 3rd quarter......Gleason did get the advantage by the refs though.....Gleason came out strong and held a nice lead at half considering game conditions....(16-12)....the fillies came out ok but Gleason played too no points were scored until the 2:45 mark i believe in the 3rd quarter.....the fillies played defense in the 4th which won them the game....By all means this game was played in the 4th..........also i want to give a shot out to the Mustangs which won 59-9 not much of a game but hey its a win!!!

:rolleyes::lol:;) Great game tonight Fillies. What you seem not to be able to comprend Train is that girls have to put up with a football school and that alot of the fans don't get excited and fired up like they do with football. But I will say that the girls know that there are a group of fans who do follow them and are excited watching them play. There is no way to describe the magnitude of excitement tonight at the Gleason game. I will not be able to talk tomorrow for cheering for our girls. You girls are the greatest!!!!!! ;)

That was a spine tingling game...I think everybody thought Huntingdon would blow Gleason out like last time. When Crystal Fuller is held to single digits then that shows you Gleason was not about to be blown out. Ditto to both teams..Gleason just has to rebound, rebound, rebound..if they had done that then more than likely they would have won. Somebody said on here Gleason got all the calls..I didn't see it that way..there were bad calls on both sides.. Where do these referee's come from? jeez, they need to go back to referee school...and not quit their day jobs...Great game...

Great game to both the Huntingdon team and the Gleason team. All the girls on the court played their hearts out last night. Congratulations Fillies on an awesome win and to the Gleason girls for a well played game. Also would like to recognize Brooke Pritchard, she had a great game tonight. You make us proud Brooke.

Edited by stang4life

It must have been some game. Gleason defense shut Huntingdon's inside game down. According to the radio announcers on WCMT, Huntingdon was 1 out of 20 behind the 3 point line. Also, Crystal Fuller did not score until near the end of the 3rd quarter. She end up in single digits far below her scoring average. Hopefully, she will be able to help us (UTM) next season. What happened? Did she just have a bad game or was it Gleason's defense?

In response to the question about rankings: Who really cares who's picked number one in the polls? It makes absolutely no difference. Tournaments determine the best team, not some random poll.

And, to answer the question about defense, my sources tell me the game plan was to pack all the defenders in the lane and leave the perimeter open, which they did for most of the game. I wasn't there to see the game, but I am still extremely proud of the Lady Bulldogs, even though they lost. They finally played defense like a number one team. And you learn more from losses anyway. Better to lose now and take the knowledge you gain into the tournaments.