Hunters Lane

at

I've seen Hunter Lane perform the las t couple of weeks and it seems to me that something is just not right. I witnessed the game last night and still the same. It seems to me that there is some dissention among the ranks. The ladies are seeming to play for self and it's not working. Tribue has to do something to get the girls on the same accord quick or it's going to be a long, well, a rather quick tourney.

Don't worry about Hunters Lane. They have a great coach in Coach Tribue.

And an even better person. They will be fine. Talent comes and talent goes. Some coaches are survivors. She is one. The one thing she is guilty of is creating expectations. HL has been good for so long, when there is a slight drop-off, people wonder what is wrong. May be the players aren't quite as talented.

Not intended as a knock on Hunters Lane. I look for them to be a big factor in the District and Region tournaments.

I'm not creating expectations at all. I'm speaking facts about the cohesiveness of "a" team. I emphasis "a" so that salty or anyone else won't misconceive my notion. People CONSTANTLY equate a good person as a good coach or good teams having good coaches. This is the time to show how good of a coach she is. I truly believe that she has the potential to be an excellent coach. I hope that she pulls them together.

I believe that the coaches of Whites Creek and Stratford are doing a good jobs, excusing their records. They are supplying hope and a future for those teams. I really believe that these teams are going to be top teams in metro for the next two or three years, because I've noticed there development over the year.

Edited by at

at, your concept of how good WC and Stratford will be in two years is flawed.You obviously are close to the girls in these programs or coach them in AAU or something.The coaches may be doing a good job but these two teams will take longer than that to pull out of the cellar.And Tribue is a good coach she has not been blessed with a lot of talent over the years but has created an atmoshere of learning that causes good players to want to play for her. There does seem to be something going on with their chemistry and Scales not scoring much but she sometimes gets herself in trouble with grades and attitude neither of which Tribue will tolerate.I pick them fourth behind Antioch, Maplewood and Pearl- Cohn.

givbakr2, mark my words come next year. I wish that I could meet you just so you could say 'you called it' come next year for Whites Creek at least. They won't be cellar dwellers come next year if they get the girls due them. I'm a graduate of Stratford, so I'm going to be bias of course. I still have faith in the Spartans.

I, too, pick them(H.L.) behind Pearl, Antioch, and Maplewood. Is the game still on for tonight?