State Duals

BAJ16

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past 6 years, Region 2 has drawn Region 7 three times. The probability of this randomly occurring in .18% or about 1 in 500. Region 5 has drawn Region 1 three times out of six as well; same probability. Conversely, in the past six years, Region 3 has not drawn Region 4 or Region 5. That means that those two regions have been kept away from Bradley. Who has got Bradley first? Region 8 has been the bearer of this three times out of six, Region 1 twice, and Region 7 with Clarksville back when they were just up and coming. Now, does that sound random? I think someone has their eyes open in this blind draw.

No offense Botw, but I think Soddydad and myself who would rather wrestle people we are not supposed to beat and risk losing or not placing beacause we know it would mean more to us if we won. Now I know somebody is going to make a reference as to why some D1 school doesn't wrestle D2 schools but if the Tssaa would sit down and work out the rules to everybody's satisfaction and both sides would give a little then maybe, just maybe tn. wrestling would really start to grow and get more recognition. But that just my thoughts.

I wasn't talking about that. He just sounds very cocky when he talks like that. I don't see where anyone mentioned that the two best teams should be on the same side of the bracket. Sorry that all the teams aren't like Soddy, just hoping they can upset Bradley for top honors. Some teams are trying to do better than they did last year. All teams aren't Soddy or Bradley, and most would consider placing 3rd or 4th to be an honor. It takes time to make championship teams.

I respect that and think you should set your own goals, Just set them high I believe you will supprise yourself. I know you know much more about wrestling than myself and you know what these young men go through and what they are capable of, and that's why the first sport I wish my son will try is wrestling. If you ever get the chance try to check out Bradley and Soddy's kid program, there's also a few in North Georgia that are pretty good. Sorry for getting off the topic.

I think what it comes down to is that the state duals draw is "supposed to be" a blind draw. If it is not a blind draw, if the two or three best teams are seperated for the first round, the powers that be should tell us taht is the case. The majority of us would accept the fact that seperation is happening. Just don't lie to us and claim it is a complete blind draw if it is not.

Edited by CoachDelgado

The state duals are not a blind draw. The top four finshers from the past year are placed, then the other teams are placed according to thier geographic locationaway from close regions. This is proably why region eight sees region Bradley or Soddy in the first round. Two years ago this was not done the three and four teams were switched up. It was done last year, I expect it to be done this year. If a team does not make it back to statethat placed the year before(Bradley, Soddy,Science Hill, or Clarksville) which ever team is representing that region would still hold the same place in the bracket. I can not speak for DII, they had a new format last year.

Coach Delgado, I agree with you and I'm still waiting for CHSCOACH to answer my questions about where and when he recieved his information on how the state duals are drawn.