State Duals

BAJ16

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is supposed to be a blind draw. The draw is usually released after the Region Duals are completed. The only pattern that can be found is that the two best teams in any given year at the traditional state, with the exception of 2002, never have landed on the same side of the bracket.

Edited by CoachDelgado

I believe he is correct, that's a big YEP! So much for the "blind draw" thing....

Also, back in the days when the D2 State Duals was a 2 pools of 3 fiasco, when each region brought their champ and runner up, The West Region champion was always in the pool with either the Middle or East champ, while the other pool had two runners up and one champion.

I don't believe, and really never have believed, that there is actually a blind draw. But hey, as I have been told, "BEAT SOMEBODY, then things might change."

And that is fine logic, but if you never get a true opportunity to improve your lot or placement, how are you ever going to change things.

Just my thoughts

;)

The Blind draw seems to have some flaws. If the draw ended up with the two best teams in the same portion of the bracket, then it would be a reasonable assumption that a team not as talented would end up in the championship match.

That seems a little anti-climatic for the fans and the wrestlers. When a reasonable coach and fan knows that the true "championship match" occured in the bracket somewhere before the last match.

Just a thought.

Another point: to have a true dual final, don't the two best teams need to be in the tournament? Where was Cleveland last year during the tournament? It might be time to reformat the thing to insure the best competition is represented, even if they might be in the same region as Bradley Central. Hey, Wild Card teams can win the World Series can't they?