Results of Region 2 Duals

UCfan1234

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to hear anymore threats toward anybody on this thread. Yes it was a slam, it knocked Lively out cold. The match should have been stopped and Greenback should have been rewarded the 6 point victory. Instead the call was not made and we didnt even have a chance to win because our kid was lying unconscious on the mat. How is this not excessive force? Anyway, this would have made the final score 33-30 Greenback. If this had not occurred and the match went the distance, Greenback could have made it a 30-30 tie winning 8 out of 14 matches and therefore win the match by criteria. Lively was only down by 2 when the slam occurred. And the final score was not 46-39, 85 points are not even possible in 14 weight classes. The final was 36-27. Greenback won seven. Maryville won seven. I just wish we would have had a chance to win eight. Maryville is a good team, and I wish them luck. I do not blame anyone for the loss. The call should have been made. This post blame on the referee, not the kid.

Trophyhunter, for the record, you are always trying to find an easy way out. The fact is you do not have the best team in the district or the second best team. You made it this far all due to forfeits. I know you will respond with your little stats on who beat who, but the reality is you will be lucky to send one kid to state. That is real. You have not gone to any tough tournaments. And you have nobody ranked in the state. You teach your kids to throw headlocks, while all the rest of these coaches prepare their kids to wrestle in college. You don't wrestle tough teams, and you brag on here about gnation is the best. If your team went to state duals, you would not win a match. That is the all honest reality.

I'm sorry you feel that way. We are not the best team in the region, Maryville is. What have you guys done? I think if you are so great you should come coach this team. Maybe we would get some style points for wrestling like college wrestlers. I hope you can find time to do whatever you do with your team around putting my team down. I thought the point of wrestling was to win. We do that. I don't have to say that my team is the second best or whatever, I have a plaque that says that. A headlock is a move. It works. If you cannot defend it, then start practicing to. It is not illegal. We don't teach it though. Go watch the Greenback eight graders wrestle in the JV regions and see how many of them use headlocks. Goodluck to you and your team and I hope things get better for you so you can start saying some positive things.