jacketman and the clown?

orcat

You seemed to get a lot out of the little I said. Yes I have seen them behave...and when did I say that I supported that. Next time don't start a guessing game. I never said that was good behavior, I was just saying, I don't care for people that come on here and talk trash about fans. Sure they may be classless, but the way you talked, it was like you never seen then you just heard about em. And please don't get me started on last years OS fans. Im not from OS or Kingston. Next time don't start talkin about what you THINK i said.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacketman05,Lemme get this right all of your "bench warmers" or aka the "B-Team" is a whoppin 3 people?! :lol: those three must be very TALENTED to be able to withstand a beating such as the one described earlier!although OS has enough class not to score 100pts on a team no matter how good or bad they may be!!!!

In a momemnt of seriousness, I have been to 3 or 4 Kingston games this year and have NEVER thought anyone was drunk. Also, I have never seen any profanity or obscene gestures directed toward a small child, but in truth I am usually watching the game.

The only time I have noticed the Kingston student section was at AC when the guys were getting blown out, there were a couple of younger students who went too far given the situation.

The stuff being complained of is no different than what happens at too many games which is a few students, and adults, try to take the attention off of the players and the game by becoming the worlds biggest jerk.

We don't notice it at football too often because of the crowd size; distance from the field; and being out doors.

Baseball doesn't draw the crowds, and the pace of the game doesn't mlend itself to the type of crude behavior that is now a part of high school basketball.

Every school will go through a rogue class which causes a problem. Some schools are worse than others. I used to hate watching a game at OS, but it has gotten much better. So has Clinton; Bearden and Halls.

I like the Kingston fans, I think they bring a lot of energy to the game. It is the behavior of a few that push it a little too far, that gets our attention.

I wouldn't worry too much about this post. ORCAT, I have been to many wild cat games where 2 or 3 of your students should have been muzzled. Unfortunately, it is part of sports today.

Oddly enough, after I left my earlier post, I saw that on AOL sports they addressed this exact issue in colege basketball.

Maryland's student section is trying to make a free speech argument that it is okay to yell profanities, and even wear them on their shirt, all during the games.

All the players do is curse, and yell at theother players. Is this okay?

I can't turn on the TV or read a magazine without the Janet Jackson superbowl issue being in my face. We worry about an aging rock start trying to get back in the spotllight because "our children were watching?"

These people complaining should go to a high school basketball game and see what their children are saying, and doing.

If we don't take steps to curb the profanity, and abuse it will just get worse. Students like Jacketman and the clown are just imitating what they see on TV. I may tease them a little, but hey, if you interject yourself into the game that's what you really want isn't it? Recognition? Your own 15 minutes?

Jacketman and the others I've seen this year haven't gone too far, yet. Its not them we need to worry about. It is the elementary student that is at the game watching them, waiting for the chance to do one better when they get to high school.

Yes, we all have a problem, but how do we address it? That is for a better, and younger person than me to fix.

Read the AOL artice, it make you think.

Arnwine,

Were you at the Oliver Springs game? I was. If you had been I don't think you would have been defending what you saw.

I agree, most of the Kingston fans are OK but some of them are not.

Would you let your son curse at children?

At Oak Ridge this would not be tolerated.

Also, don't you find it interesting that NO Kingston players get on this site and defend them.

Why not. Because they don't like it.

Jacketman, I know for a fact that you DON"T play any sports, except be in the band. Take off the cameoflauge hat and the wig and put on a helmet or a ball cap if you want to yell at athletes. Other wise stay in the chorus or drama club, or whatever it is you guys do on Friday nights.