new AAA poll

90warrior

good call 85! as for everyone else this is not the ap poll for those of u that were confused,this is my poll which i think is very accurate.it's my opinion.showtime, i don't disagree with your poll,actually i kinda like it with the exception of Craigmont being ranked that high.i think the ap is a joke because they don't take into consideration injuries and apparently losses.just look at Daniel Boone,sure they are 20-1 but they haven't played anybody.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good call 85!  as for everyone else this is not the ap poll for those of u that were confused,this is my poll which i think is very accurate.it's my opinion.showtime, i don't disagree with your poll,actually i kinda like it  with the exception of Craigmont being ranked that high.i think the ap is a joke because they don't take into consideration injuries and apparently losses.just look at Daniel Boone,sure they are 20-1 but they haven't played anybody.

90swarrior, Showtime knows something that you don't...he knows that 1) there are two, not one BUT TWO All-Americans on ONE team and 2) he knows basketball. Craigmont has a top 10 Point Guard and the other is a top 20 Center. They run circles around the girls that you boast about every single summer by themselves. And, they have talent around them too...several girls who play for the Memphis Showboats in the summer time play with them at Craigmont. I know that West Tennessee generally doesn't represent well at the state tournament, except in recent years, Memphis East performed well the year before and last year (beat Oak Ridge who was the #1 team), and Melrose led Sevier at halftime last year before losing momentum in the second half to a very good team. I don't make excuses and I'm not in denial about the dominance of middle tennessee and the sometimes dominance of East Tennessee. You can only go by the facts and no, West Tennessee has not done much lately (except Briarcrest).

However, I'm just saying that we rarely have so much talent on ONE team here and this year could be different...usually, the talent is very spread out and the top players are all at different schools because we have SO MANY schools and school zones. A lot of Craigmont's players just decided to go to school together and they are only juniors. They have several D-1 prospects on that team. The college coaches know where the talent is in the Class of 2005...even if you don't. We are honored to see several big time coaches at their games all the time. Read the article in case you missed it when Coach T put it on the first page...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/prep_s...2619459,00.html

Edited by caramelcutiepie

Polls matter so litte right now but they are fun to read in the paper every Tuesday. I am curious about this home cooking remark. Oak Ridge plays very solid defense and a good number of the calls that went against Powell were charges. That is a major part of Oak Ridge basketball under Jill Prudden. They work very hard at that and since its not a common call fans from other schools always get fired up when more than one is called in a game. If the girls don't get at least one call in a game she makes them run.I am curious to hear about home cooking in Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge's coaches laugh when they hear that.

so what u are saying is that Craigmont will win the state easily,right. and monkeys may fly out of my butt.i'll tell you what,make u a deal chocolateuglypie, if Craigmont wins the state i will get on here and apologize to u.ok,fair enough.

90sWarrior, exactly what part of your brain is missing?? The WHOLE part? No where in my post did I say that Craigmont will win the whole thing...if I did, point it out to me...you must be blind. :unsure: I'm just saying that they have just as a good a chance as any other team and I'm backing up Showtime7 who has actually seen the girls play, unlike you. I would be dumb to say that your team won't win or someone else's team won't make it or don't stand a chance to make it, when I've never seen that team and everyone knows that I don't know what I'm talking about. That is the case with you...you absolutely have no idea and are CLUELESS. You rant and rave about your teams but I am not unrealistic and unreasonable enough to stoop to your level and tell you what they won't do when I don't know that...I have never seen those teams and they might actually be that darn good! WHO KNOWS! That's why we play the state championship so everyone can get to see some other teams that they've never seen before. And since there are two teams from every region, there will STILL be several good teams that some of us will NEVER get to see. Its common sense, but look who I'm explaining it to...GEEZ!! :D

And if Craigmont does win the state, you don't have to make yourself look more stupid by apologizing to me. Please don't. I'm not on the team...and I'm sure they, along with other teams you don't give a chance, don't really give a rat's fat butt what you think. When all is said and done, only one team can take home that Gold Ball and since none of us are psychics, we'll just have to wait and see which team that will be. There are some teams that seem to have a better chance than others (some of us think that Craigmont is one of those teams along with Shelbyville, etc), but odds are made to be bet against and are just odds anyway. Just shut up and play...or rather, you just shut up and WATCH like the rest of us.

Edited by caramelcutiepie

90sWarrior, exactly what part of your brain is missing?? The WHOLE part? No where in my post did I say that Craigmont will win the whole thing...if I did, point it out to me...you must be blind. :unsure: I'm just saying that they have just as a good a chance as any other team and I'm backing up Showtime7 who has actually seen the girls play, unlike you. I would be dumb to say that your team won't win or someone else's team won't make it or don't stand a chance to make it, when I've never seen that team and everyone knows that I don't know what I'm talking about. That is the case with you...you absolutely have no idea and are CLUELESS. You rant and rave about your teams but I am not unrealistic and unreasonable enough to stoop to your level and tell you what they won't do when I don't know that...I have never seen those teams and they might actually be that darn good! WHO KNOWS! That's why we play the state championship so everyone can get to see some other teams that they've never seen before. And since there are two teams from every region, there will STILL be several good teams that some of us will NEVER get to see. Its common sense, but look who I'm explaining it to...GEEZ!! :D

And if Craigmont does win the state, you don't have to make yourself look more stupid by apologizing to me. Please don't. I'm not on the team...and I'm sure they, along with other teams you don't give a chance, don't really give a rat's fat butt what you think. When all is said and done, only one team can take home that Gold Ball and since none of us are psychics, we'll just have to wait and see which team that will be. There are some teams that seem to have a better chance than others (some of us think that Craigmont is one of those teams along with Shelbyville, etc), but odds are made to be bet against and are just odds anyway. Just shut up and play...or rather, you just shut up and WATCH like the rest of us.

TRUE THAT!!!

I have watched the kids from Craigmont play and think they are by far two of the top ten players in the state. I'm not going sit here and say I think they will win the state cause you all know I think Shelbyville is going win it but I am going say that Craigmont will be in the final four and maybe the finals as long as they can stay opposite of Shelbyville. The only team in the state can can match the combo of Bullard and Jackson is Fuller and Newman. I would like to see these four great players go head to head.

The people that put their polls on here need to make sure that you are at Murphy Center the first night that AAA plays and see what you are missing with Bullard and Jackson cause they are special.