East Tn Rankings

Imrightyourewrong

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what you get for thinking BHS...Catholic is a good team and I bet they could hang with your Dawgs. I don't know about beating them but it would definitely be a good game. Give credit where credit is due, even to a bunch of private school kids.

You're right. They do have a heck of a team. I just don't want to give credit to them the way they talk all that trash. Check out hte Webb/Catholic thread.

A #2 ranking for Maryville is lofty. They've lost to Rhea County, Farragut, and Alcoa - not to mention, blown out by a much smaller Jefferson County squad. Just because they ran all over Heritage and Sevier County doesn't mean they are #2. Heck, those two teams have combined for 6 wins. Not exactly a test for them.

Yes, Maryvillle did lose to those teams. The thing is, they also beat all those teams the second time they played them(excluding Jeff. Co. who they haven't played a second time. They also have good wins over South-Doyle, Bearden, and Oak Ridge, all very strong teams. Third, they did kill those teams, but I'm not going to drop them down just because they had an easy week.

Imrightyourewrong-

How can you say Cleveland plays its best ball against good teams- all they have on their schedule (except for Soddy Daisy) is good teams? They have the 4th toughest schedule in the state of Tennessee, and their record is 13-9 not 12-9! If they played an easier schedule, like most of the other teams in the area (like Rhea Co.), they would be 18-3 or 17-4 playing teams like Tellico and Grundy!

Also, you commented on Cleveland losing to Oak Ridge by 27 and Cumberland by 10. First of all, Cleveland did not play two of its starters against Oak Ridge for disciplinary reasons- so they played that game short-handed. They led a good Cumberland Co. team the entire game, but lost the lead with about 4 minutes to go, and Cumberland made their free throws to win by 10! So, losing by 10 seemed bad, but it was a 1 or 2 pt game. Cumberland has a great team- ask Clinton!!!!!!

Your latest rankings were on Feb. 2- Why do you not rank the teams based on what they have done the last month or so? In college, the polls change about every week- based on who beat who that week.

If you had a good explanation of why Cleveland is not in the top 10- would be one thing, but your reasons do not make sense. The bottom line is that Cleveland has recently beaten 4 teams in your top 10.............. and it does matter that Jay Davis missed the first 8 games.

Scarface33-

What team's played their first 8 games without their best guard? I'm anxious to know since you said that Cleveland is not the only team thats had to play without all of their guys! Also, Cleveland's earlier loses to Chatt. Central and Rhea were without Jay Davis! Ask Coach Nelms (Central) and Coach Crowder (Rhea) if Davis makes a difference.

Imrightyourewrong-

How can you say Cleveland plays its best ball against good teams- all they have on their schedule (except for Soddy Daisy) is good teams? They have the 4th toughest schedule in the state of Tennessee, and their record is 13-9 not 12-9! If they played an easier schedule, like most of the other teams in the area (like Rhea Co.), they would be 18-3 or 17-4 playing teams like Tellico and Grundy!

Also, you commented on Cleveland losing to Oak Ridge by 27 and Cumberland by 10. First of all, Cleveland did not play two of its starters against Oak Ridge for disciplinary reasons- so they played that game short-handed. They led a good Cumberland Co. team the entire game, but lost the lead with about 4 minutes to go, and Cumberland made their free throws to win by 10! So, losing by 10 seemed bad, but it was a 1 or 2 pt game. Cumberland has a great team- ask Clinton!!!!!!

Your latest rankings were on Feb. 2- Why do you not rank the teams based on what they have done the last month or so? In college, the polls change about every week- based on who beat who that week.

If you had a good explanation of why Cleveland is not in the top 10- would be one thing, but your reasons do not make sense. The bottom line is that Cleveland has recently beaten 4 teams in your top 10.............. and it does matter that Jay Davis missed the first 8 games.

Scarface33-

What team's played their first 8 games without their best guard? I'm anxious to know since you said that Cleveland is not the only team thats had to play without all of their guys! Also, Cleveland's earlier loses to Chatt. Central and Rhea were without Jay Davis! Ask Coach Nelms (Central) and Coach Crowder (Rhea) if Davis makes a difference.

Man I didn't realize they were 13-9 and not 12-9, that changes everything! In case you missed it, I'm being sarcastic. Yes, Cleveland does play many good teams. In the beginning of the year, they couldn't win big games. With or without Jay Davis, they should have won some of them. If the team is as good as you say, one player should not make that big of a difference. Next, they should not have blown their lead against Cumberland Co., that also hurt their rankings.

Last, in college polls, they don't put teams high based on who they beat in the last week or two. If a team loses their first ten, and wins the next ten over good teams, you don't see them number one. Cleveland is coming on strong and if they keep it up will be in the top 10 soon enough. Next time, come up with a better argument then your college poll issue.