Wrestling Show

Kris Smith

Hey wrestling fans...I want to get some feedback from you....I have been getting footage together this season at the invitationals to put together a show highlighting Middle Tennessee high school wrestlers.....we can only show highlights, and I am about to start the editing...what we are wanting to show wrestling techniques, bring a better awareness to the sport by educating the public about the sport, interviews with the coaches and wrestlers...this is going on community access tv....I have to start somewhere. I would love the feedback.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey wrestling fans...I want to get some feedback from you....I have been getting footage together this season at the invitationals to put together a show highlighting Middle Tennessee high school wrestlers.....we can only show highlights, and I am about to start the editing...what we are wanting to show wrestling techniques, bring a better awareness to the sport by educating the public about the sport, interviews with the coaches and wrestlers...this is going on community access tv....I have to start somewhere. I would love the feedback.

If that could be done, that would be excellent for the sport. It would give exposure to some of the most unappreciated athletes in their respective schools.

I think you should, in great detail, explain the scoring, such as 2 points for a takedown and 1 point for an escape, etc., etc. Explain how an individuals match affects the team score also. I hear a lot of people say they have watched a wrestling match but don't understand the scoring. Please, Please, Please include all aspects of this sport:CONDITIONING- off-season running, biking, swimming,weight training. DISCIPLINE-healthy and disciplined eating habits. In-season, Practice room drilling over and over and over, weight training and disciplined eating habits. To quote a saying I read on a wrestling room wall "The will to win is useless without the will to prepare." Good Luck with your show, I hope it is a huge success!

I know that around blount county we have a wrestling show and we bring the featured wrestlers of the week to talk, also coaches talk about the previous week and the upcoming week and give the state rankings at that time. During the show they tell of their team and individual performances. They also talkabout weight cutting conditioning and refs. It is really neat and they try to let wrestlers from different schools come each week. Its great these things are starting to happen.

Edited by alcoa119_05

How about including a few spectators' comments too. There are some passionate fans in many of the wrestlers' parents. Don't just show the best wrestlers. My son is a freshman, who may not be noiticed for awhile; but is now devoted to this sport thanks to a great coach and positive team spirit. The win is exciting; but the journey toward becoming a winner is most impressive.

I think you should go through all the regions and who is good enough to place in each region... well top wrestlers of the week and stuff. If not actaully get them on the show, just mention their names and how well they done. Also same thing with teams and any footage you get of the teams show it and allow coaches to send in footage and you can edit out stuff and show some highlights of the matches.

I think that is a good idea to have a show...make sure it shows on middle tn and try to get it once a week if you can, or twice even. That would be great