tenn.basketball

kyBomBer11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it goes both ways. In my opinion, Kentucky basketball is alot more physical, refs tend to let a lot more calls go. Kentucky also seems to play more team style ball in my opinion and are alot more fundamental, just never many athletes with the exceptions of a few teams. This maybe completely wrong, thats just what i've seen and gotten out of it.

To be honest I don't think the class system has much to do with it. In Kentucky basketball is pretty much a religion and it isn't in Tennessee. That's why the atmosphere is the way it is in Ky in my opinion but this is how I look at some great programs that have great success and have had in the past. I haven't included any east Tn or Middle simply because I haven't been to any games with those schools but there are some fantastic programs state wide.

AAA

White Station, Ridgeway,Hamilton,Bartlett,Bolton,Dyersburg(great fans), Jackson North Side,

AA

Raleigh-Egypt,BTW,Kingsbury, Dyer Co, Union City

A

I can't speak on any single A teams

Private Schools

Harding,Lausanne,MUS,Briarcrest

No doubt there are several teams I could have added but the point is that these teams I can almost guarantee you don't have anything like the atmosphere as any bad team in Ky unless it's a big game. I've never been to a game at Dyer Co or JNS but I can't imagine that they have such a home court advantage( if you do then I'm VERY glad I'm wrong)

Edited by Pantherbert

yeah i ve been to every state game and they are crazy i love it its the best linda game ne 1 could play in high shool as far a crowd goes, but i was gonna move to tenn and play but im not forsure now, we have some pretty go athlets up here ne yall heard of chirs lofton??? or oj mayo but he isnt here ne moe

Well fans are gonna turn out for games better in Kentucky because Kentuckians live for basketball season. What else is there to cheer for up there? Football, Yeah right. :lol: However, even though the fans may be better I don't know if the teams are all that much better. I would put White Station up against any team in Kentucky year in and year out.